So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

That reminds me.  The only time New Brunswick ever gets mentioned on the weather channel is when they are hit with some dire weather calamity.  The same goes for Prince Edward Island.  It's as if they don't exist.  Weird, eh?  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

kitten

Have fun in the sun, PC!

Michel

kitten

That is strange!  I just assumed that they figured Quebec and Ontario were the only places that mattered,  with the rest of the country as an afterthought.   Now you tell me they didn't even cover Quebec.........well, she did cover Quebec quite thoroughly but it wasn't helpful.

Michel

Michel

kitten

AHA!!!  Definitely a separatist plot, then.  If you don't mention the other provinces maybe they'll go away, n'est pas ?  

kitten

Michel wrote:
By the way, they have a terrible winter this year, the worst for the last 50 years or so, with 5 meters of snow received. One guy fire a 12 gauge gun at a municipal snow plower that passed after he just finished shovelling his driveway ah ah !

I don't blame him one little bit!

Michel

Sportsdude

I find it odd that when I'm watching the weather and they do a country sweep, they always seem to leave out Quebec City for some reason. I've got a cynical reason why, lol,  I guess they figure no english speaking people live there, so no need to cover it.

likewise on the french channels, non-radio-canada. You'd think the private owned TVA's would at least cover places like BC on a regular basis. Although a couple weeks ago Sullivan was on trying to speak french. omg lol. I speak better french then him.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Michel wrote:
Double indeed ! lol

n'est pas ?

should be written

n'est-ce pas ?

So sorry.  I've lived out here so long I've forgotten my High School French.  Humble apologies, Michel!

Sportsdude

Speaking of Atlantic Canada, which is the better place to have a vacation, PEI or Nova.  

Michel

kitten

It all depends on what you're looking for, SD.  I would say Nova Scotia, for beautiful scenery.  P.E.I. is nice too, and I guess it is picturesque, but it is flat.  You would meet friendly people in both places, particularly in the smaller towns.  

Sportsdude

well its my parents 30th coming in in two years, they like "cape cod" places. From what I remember on movies (green gables) and pictures PEI to me was always Cape Cod but bigger. lol Although Nova's south shore has all the light houses and then the bay of fundy.  

|