So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

lol

I'm getting ready for my civil disobedience class tomorrow morning being taught by an 80 year old grandma.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Sportsdude

hahaha
Still kicking at 80. that's impressive.
We know a bunch of the stormin grandma group, which oddly enough was a terrorist organization according to CSIS a few years back. crazy.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Raging Grannies.

Took Heckyl and Jeckyl for the dentist for what was to be a scheduled cleaning.  But....Heckyl had 3 teeth removed (and 2 more to go at a later date).  Poor kid didn't have enough room in his mouth, so some of the baby teeth had to go.  He was very brave.  I, on the other hand....ready to pass out watching it happen.  I had my head between my knees because the world was starting to spin.

Saw Horton Hears a Who.  (wonderful movie).
 Now we're chilling at home.

Oh...the Easter Bunny went shopping this morning.  This Easter Bunny cheats and brings things they need anyways.  Like lacrosse gear!  (the Easter Bunny also hides tic tacs)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

P.C. wrote:
I haven't golfed for so long.  I would definitely have to brush up on my hyphenated expletives if I were to pick up a club at this point.
 --

This is the point where my mother breaks in with "But you need to golf just for the FUN of it, dear...."
 yeah, yeah, whatever!!!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Took Heckyl and Jeckyl for the dentist for what was to be a scheduled cleaning.  But....Heckyl had 3 teeth removed (and 2 more to go at a later date).  Poor kid didn't have enough room in his mouth, so some of the baby teeth had to go.  He was very brave.  I, on the other hand....ready to pass out watching it happen.  I had my head between my knees because the world was starting to spin.

[/DIV]
Were you OK with that Lil Me?  I remember when my oldest was a wee one, and I had taken her to the dentist....it was assumed that she was in for a 'check-up'...when someone finally came out and told me they had pulled 4 of her teeth.  No consult.... no nothing.  Not only was I mortified that they had pulled her teeth without consulting me.....they hadn't even given her (or me) the option of 'being there' with her (or for her). I was livid ....and even after all these years, I'm still livid.  Things are different now..and parents are not left out of these decisions (they wouldn't dare)....but 'back then', it wasn't like that.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

This is the point where my mother breaks in with "But you need to golf just for the FUN of it, dear...."
yeah, yeah, whatever!!!

Does your mom golf ????  She couldn't possibly...she would never say such a thing.  Golf isn't fun....it's WAR !!!!

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

Michel

Lil Me

Yes, P.C.  Things have changed.  After the dentist's consult, the dental assistant came to get me before anything happened.  The kids' dentist is a friend of ours-- he's a wonderful older man and I trust his judgment implicitly.  
 He explained everything to Heckyl and there was no pain, no panic.

Lil Me

Michel wrote:
The generation of my father, they used to remove all their teeth at 40 and sell them denture. Dentist just did that and charge a fortune for it. People didn't knew better at that time.
 --
 My grandmother told me that noone brushed their teeth in the old days.
 She had all her teeth removed in the 1940s (when she was in her 20s).  
 Got hit by a streetcar on the way home from the dentist, because she was so looped on novocaine. (it's a family joke now)
 Couldn't afford to buy dentures for over a year!!!

P.C.

I'm glad to hear that Lil Me.  ....and I think my daughter faired better than I through that ordeal....I wept.... and never wen't back to that dentist....even though I was VERY satisfied with the work he had done with ME.    

Van

So many different adventures in all our lives! Lil Me, that would be so hard sitting through that.

Horton Hears a Who was cool. Watched that, then went for some pasta, now I am so tired, I am actually sleeping as I am typing this..  
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Yes, P.C.  Things have changed.

OOPs....my last post may have been taken out of context.  I was responding to the change of things.

Lil Me

No, P.C.  I gotcha!  I would have been livid if the dentist pulled teeth without asking me.

Hey Van!  We're still laughing about "good Vlad and bad Vlad".

I'm so not good with blood or injury.  It was very difficult watching a dental extraction!!!!
  Lise is gonna laugh at me.  

|