So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

That little exerpt is cute Lil Me.....where is that from ?  It isn't from that Ratat???ooy is it?

Lise...I feel for you.  Office politics is the worst. It's a no win situation really.  It's awful to get into it, but there are negative results in some ways, if you stay out of it.  I don't envy you that stuff at all.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Good morning PC. I love my mornings. I just got back from a swim this morning.

I feel for you too Lise. Office politics are no fun. That is one of the main reasons why I left the office life to work for myself. Unfortunately, I have no Busty co-workers...but I can just look in the mirror and flirt with myself! "hey Van, You looking Hot today honey"....ummm..so..

I am still in different offices a lot meeting people and going over work, but it is different than what I use to do. I use to have a cubicle, and I almost killed myself, then I moved into an office, that wasn't much better, finally I quit and took control of my own life. Making more money than before via. contracts, and freedom, oh God sweet freedom!! I work from home, different office meeting places, or my laptop from anywhere.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

Morning!  

Lise- hang in there!  

P.C.- the dialogue is from an old Monty Python sketch.  I can't hear the word "Bat" without thinking about "oh, what a silly bunt".

Ski day today.  But I hafta hang around here and deal with some strata council &^&*^#^ first.  We've recently installed an extra exterior garage door, with computer-coded remotes.  The eventual plan is to get rid of all the keys and link all the exterior doors to the computer system.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

I am jealous!! I wish I was skiing today.

3 other buddies and I are going to Mt. Baker for the long weekend though for some slush skiing. Probably will be my last trip of the year. That is ok, I am excited to be in bike mode.

Cheers! Have fun.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

morning
I'll spend most of the day in the library.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Good morning Lise, Van, Lil Me, SD, PC, Michel and everyone else :)

Swimming at the pool or your backyard, Van?  

Is anyone doing anything for the Spring break or Easter?  Going anywhere?  

Lil Me

Spring Break....yahoo!  Finally made an appointment to bring my car in for servicing.  Couldn't do it for the longest time.  Need to replace a wheel bearing, get the rotors machined, oil, air filter, change out some bulbs and mount the summer tires.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

lol, purelife, no pool in my backyard. Just a public pool I swim lanes. I try to about 4 times a week. Next to coffee, there isn't much better of a waker-upper.

enjoy the spring break and car maintenance Lil Me!

Sportsdude

i'm going to tofino with 3 other people sometime either during easter break or after school is finished next month. I need to buy a tent though. lol  

Lil Me

Van wrote:
 Just a public pool I swim lanes. I try to about 4 times a week. Next to coffee, there isn't much better of a waker-upper.
 --

[font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"]George: And she didn't say something to you about a certain something?[/font][/font][/p]  [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"]            [/font][/font] [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"] [/font][/font][/p]  [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"]            [/font][/font] [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"]Jane: I don't know what you're talking about.[/font][/font][/p]  [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"]            [/font][/font] [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"] [/font][/font][/p]  [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"]            [/font][/font] [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"]George: *I* think that *you* think that a certain *something* is  not all[/font][/font][/p]  [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"]            [/font][/font] [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"]that it could be, when in fact it is is all that it *should* be, and[/font][/font][/p]  [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"]            [/font][/font] [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"]*more*![/font][/font][/p]  [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"]            [/font][/font] [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"] [/font][/font][/p]  [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"]            [/font][/font] [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"]Jane: I'm sure it is.[/font][/font][/p]  [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"]            [/font][/font] [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"] [/font][/font][/p]  [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"]            [/font][/font] [font face="trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica"][font face="Courier New" size="2"]George: Look, you don't understand. There was [b style="color: black; background-color: rgb(160, 255, 255);"]shrinkage[/b].[/font][/font][/p]  

purelife

Sounds like some good plans here.  I also have to get the car in for maintenance.  I think I need brakes too.

We're just going for dinner at family.  We'll probably do some sort of an Easter egg hunt with the boys.  I've taken a few days off next week so that should be wonderful time spent with family. :))

ADD:  If the weather is nice, we'll go hiking at Lighthouse Park.  I've never been there and should be nice. :)

Michel - early stat this year... but then we have to wait another 2 months for the next.  :(  At your job, do you get Boxing Day as Stat?  I know some companies offer it and some don't.  Luckily, mine does.      

Sportsdude

any summer plans anybody's got?
family is coming up I want to drive through B.C., Alberta then down through Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska etc. but I think gas prices are going to get in the way. :(
Plus I want to see my sister buy a beer in Alberta, lol. gosh am i getting old. lol

purelife

We're planning to take a trip up to Alberta as well in the summer too. :)

I want to see more than Alberta like Osooyoos and the Okanagan.  My friend went to Kelowna and advised us not to go there.

Michel

Van

Well, if you go to Alberta, make sure you have a Wayne's bagel! Best bagel this side of...umm Québec..

Sounds like everyone has some cool plans lined up.

Not sure about 'Nanaimo Girl'?

She lives in such a cool place, why leave?

|