So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Don't really know much about it, but Kelowna has always looked pretty good to me.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
hey guys, got a question to ask, what's williams lake and kelowna like? I'm looking for summer jobs up there.

I'm surprised that you don't know and are asking us.  

If I got a job up there for the summer, I would definitely take it.

ADD:  so, how is everyone else doing so far?  what's for lunch?

I have lasagna and caesar salad.  miammeeee!

Sportsdude

furtherest north i've been is horseshoe bay on the mainland, furthest west, surrey at the pitt and fraser river convergance. Other then pictures, stories and the wine I drink I don't know much outside of the Vancouver area. lol

that's where i want to work for the summer, somewhere north.

chicken paprikash with left over pörkölt.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Sportsdude

hmm that means Winter Carnival must of been a sucess all that snow.  

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
hmm that means Winter Carnival must of been a sucess all that snow.  
  LOL!!

Williams Lake is small.. think small. Theres not much there or to do, its only busy around the summertime.

Kelowna is huge, with lots to do. I have a number of friends that have moved up there after getting sick of Vancouver. I myself have contemplated leaving Vancouver and moving up to the okanagan area like Kelowna, Penticton.. etc. Kelowna does get super busy during the summer, but theres lots going on all year round. I myself would look at Kelowna, so much to do and see around there, including Peachfest from Penticton, floating down the creek there as well drunk. Ahh.. the memories.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Michel

Michel

Actually born in BC!

Kelowna sucks in many ways. Plastic people and the Okanagan Lake is a cesspool. Too Touristy and overdevelopment on that lake with no environmental controls have turned the lake into a soggy diaper. I recommend Vernon and north to Shuswap. Horrible planning for traffic too in Kelowna. They planned it as if it was never going to grow.

Williams Lake is small with a hurting economy. A lot of pissed off, laid off mill workers, etc. and a red dying forest. Dirty town full of rednecks!

You should try the East or West Kootenays. Becoming very touristy, but still not overcrowded yet. Cleaner air, nicer mountains, better water, better everything! Still a lot of rednecks and hippie scumbags, but the area kicks on anything in the Okanagan.  

Lil Me

^^^^^^
Agreed, but if SD can get a job for ths summer, it doesn't really matter where.  It's not like he's gonna live there for the rest of his life.

Evening everyone!  On my way home.  Had a faaaabulous time in Belize.  Loved the beach, loved the jungle, loved the ocean, loved the culture there.  Now I'm seriously bloated and my liver hurts.  Jeckyl and I are evenly toasted, Mr LM and Heckyl (the palefaces) are showing a bit of healthy colour.

In Houston for the night and not hungry.  I even passed on the free drinks in the hotel (after 1 glass of wine).  Started the morning waaaay too early, woke up at 3:30 am and couldn't really sleep after that.  On the road by 6:15, had instant coffee, plantain chips and instant noodles for breakfast at the airport in Belize City.  Made it to the taqueria in Houston by around 3pm for a late lunch.  Time to lie down and veg.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Sportsdude

wow lil me. What a trip!!!

Michel

P.C.

Wow....I missed so much today.

Michel....don't talk to me about my computer. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a037.gif" border=0]

Lil Me....sounds like a fabulous trip.  Good for you !!!  I'm so happy for you...(except the liver part)

I agree with the Kelowna vs Kootenays thing.  Kelowna don't impress me much.  I enjoy the area to a point, but the landscape has always left me cold.  Sage and brown grass just doesn't work for me.  I like trees and green and lush forests.

Anyways....(now I forget who said it)...but a summer job is just a summer job.  Go where they're plentiful.  You get to leave at the end of the summer.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Morning!  Going for my last free breakfast in Houston.  country gravy here i come.
Then to Ross, and then the airport.
Got some awesome tshirts at WalMart last night.  Heckyl is wearing Mario, Jeckyl is wearing LEGO Star Wars, Mr LM has AC/DC and I have an Eeyore University hoodie.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|