So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

LOL VanDude... I find that I see Starbucks everywhere moreso than McD's.  For example, in downtown, there are about 6 of them all within 5 minutes walking distance.  Insane!  

And totally agree with you that Vancouver is the most unfriendly city.

proscuitto sandwich for lunch today. yumm!

Van Dude

lol, you are right. Drinking plain coffee makes me feel fine though. McDonalds makes me want to kill myself.

Happy Friday DS folks.

purelife

Happy friday to you too!

Anybody have plans for the weekend?

P.C.

No plans for me. *cry*

I'm getting antsy.  I wanna go somewhere or do something.  

What about you purelife.  Plans?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

I'm curious why people stay in a city that makes them unhappy.  I would be packed by tomorrow morning if I hated where I lived.  Even if it meant starting over from scratch, I'd be gone.  Life's too short.  It's one thing to be unhappy in your work, but if you can't be happy in your 'home'.....you should seriously think about changing it.  Why wait....life is passing you by.

purelife

We're thinking about picnic and sightseeing at Deep Cove, but not sure just yet...

It's so warm outside...very nice. :)

I officially moved to my new spot at work and have the window seating.  

Michel

purelife

And I just had the building guys knock off a set of the flourescent lights above me.  Now, it's kinda dark but it's the way I like it.  Flourescent lighting gives me headaches and really drains my eyes.

*waves back*

P.C.

I loved Deep Cove.  Haven't been there for many many years.  Must check it out again.

Michel

purelife

Wow, that's insane, Michel.  That's too long to wait for proper lighting.      

P.C.

Flourescent lighting is yucky.  Aside from the horrible light it gives, the white noise it gives off is brutal too.

Michel

Lil Me

Hey!  Glad I'm not the only one who dislikes flourescent lighting!  Gives me a headache and I can't see properly.

Eating lots of fresh fish of the "meaty" variety.  Snapper, king mackarel and conch.

Went on a zipline through a jungle and tubing through a cave today.  It was a totally fun (and very long day) that included 5hrs of sitting on a bus.  Tomorrow is snorkel day.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

ugh it's always snowing here when i show up.
back in stl

in all seriousness vancouverites don't complain about the crime, it's super safe. You guys are just spoiled by a super non-violent country and are a product of an over sensationalist media. When I came to Vancouver at first I was in shock about the lack of people walking around with guns on skytrain, the streets, the malls. Be happy you live in Vancouver which is super safe and not a place that is dominated by guns.
anyway that's my two cents.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|