So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Van Dude

Yeah! the sun...God how I love the sun.

I just love all of BC, except the carbon tax, Vancouver, and more taxes on top of the other taxed taxes.

Lise

I don't understand the attraction of Ossoyos but my hubby is adamant it's a pretty place where you can do all sorts of wonderful things. Like probably looking cool in your spandex as you hit the water or something ridiculous.

And ja, I've heard it also damn hot. I dunno. It's not exactly my kinda place. I prefer Harrison Hot Springs to be honest.

Isn't today just boooooootiful?? I love it! The sunshine, the light breeze, the flowers... ah, spring. I can't wait till summer.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Van Dude

lol, I am from Vancouver. I don't like Vancouver at all. BC rules though. As for the taxes, I am just whining.

Osoyoos is nice if you are at the water during the heat waves. I love to get as far away from any city as much as possible on my days off.  Vancouver was good my parents tell me, back in the 60s.

Harrison Hot Springs is too packed full of city folks looking for an ideal pseudo getaway for the weekend. It is nice, but I would rather sneak out of work mid week and go to avoid weekends.

Vancouver is too dark and sad, fun to see in a rear view mirror.

Michel

purelife

Van Dude wrote:
lol, I am from Vancouver. I don't like Vancouver at all. BC rules though. As for the taxes, I am just whining.

Vancouver is too dark and sad, fun to see in a rear view mirror.[/DIV]
 I agree with you 100%.  How long have you lived in Vancouver?  It's very dull and very expensive.  The only thing that is good is the weather (compared to the other provinces), imo.    

Lise

Van Dude and SD should get together more often. One loves Vancouver, the other dislikes it. They should have a lot to talk about.

So sad. Just heard from my co-worker that another co-worker of ours has just lost her baby. The baby was 5 months old, not even out of the womb. Some complications. It was a boy and they named him. I feel so sad for her. Kinda makes you think about all those women who have abortions like it's nothing to them and for someone like her who tries desparately to have a child and couldn't. Life can be cruel sometimes.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

HUGGGZZZZ Lise.  That's very sad.

I think Osoyoos is nice, Lise.  HOT, but nice.  If you're not into heat, try kelowna.  Find a nice place with a pool, if you're not going to camp.

We had a blast at Nk'Mip years ago.  Camping on the lake.  Haven't been back recently, but probably will soon.  My aunt and uncle bought property there and will start building this summer.

Spent the day swimming, eating and drinking.  It was a great day.  Internet is unreliable at best here.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Aww, that is sad Lise.  I wonder the same things sometimes.  It's only been in recent years, that I know SO many people going through the in vitro thing and trying so desperately to have babies and want them so badly, and then all the OOOPS... I'm pregnant ones, who end up being parents by default. (not that I'm saying that many many of them don't become great parents because a lot of them DO)

[FONT size=5]CHEERS LIL ME !!!! [/FONT] Swimming, eating and drinking you say.  You poor thing. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

Hey.....you earned it !
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

It was a great day of nothingness!!!!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Ahhhhhh....blessed nothingness.  (the ad on the side is a tuquoise ocean ebbing to show off a perfect white sandy beach.)  

*heavy sigh*
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

That is very sad...hugzz to you Lise.  

Lise

Thanks guys! I look forward to her return because it'll be good to see her again. Maybe she'll try again and who knows? She might be bless again.

Hey Lil Me! Welcome home. Man, I wish I could have a day of nothingness like you. The kids do try their best to drive me up the walls.

Bah humbug... it's 5.40am and I have to get ready for work. Waaaaaah!!!! I can't wait till we get our train line to university. *sigh*
Bill Cosby.

Van Dude

lol. purelife, I don't find Vancouver dull. I am not into nitelife though. It is as exciting as any city on the west coast for me. Just too many gangs, drugs, and depression. I think it is the weather too. Amazing to see rays of sun in February. Cling on to every last bit you can. I woul drather be a little cooler and actually see more sun in the winter.  

Lise, sportsdude and I could agree, we love Canada. I think BC (besides being taxed to hell), is the best place I could imagine living.

I just want to get lost in the forest with no crappy crowded neighbourhoods and lame condos, drive by shootings, heroin addicts begging for money, trying for an hour to get a parking spot at a boring mall, arrghh, McDonalds everywhere!? All the while making over $90,000 a year and "just" getting by!??!

Vancouver is probably one of the most unfriendly cities in North America.    

|