So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

I think just the shape 49er.  The tagine 's design causes the heat to circulate the steam inside to infuse the flavours into the food.

These are the ones I was looking at.  The site is UK, but the prices seem reasonable to me.

[A href="http://www.maroque.co.uk/catalog.aspx?p=00423"]http://www.maroque.co.uk/catalog.aspx?p=00423[/A]

This one be purdy.

[img height=526 src="http://www.maroque.co.uk/images/30-30-004-1.jpg" width=358]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Sounds like I've got lots to learn about tagines.  I was looking at some recipes as well and even saw a cooking show on Food Network where some french guy named Ricardo was cooking with one.  He had to soak his tagine for hours.  I don't remember why though.

That would be because it is an unglazed one.  I used to have a romertopt, and you had to soak that one for a couple hours too.  I liked the way it cooked, but I always felt weird about the washing instructions.  It seemed unclean to me.  You couldn't use soap or anything....ick.    

Lil Me

Agreed on the no soap is icky.

Lots of people won't use soap on their Brown Betty tea pots, cast iron frypans and woks.

Icky Icky Icky.

Then again, lots of people never use soap on their kid's high chair tray.  They just wipe it with a wet cloth. Sooooo gross.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Then again, lots of people never use soap on their kid's high chair tray.  They just wipe it with a wet cloth. Sooooo gross.

Gross.  They are the same people that wonder why their tyke always has a cold.

Icky icky icky indeed.

purelife

And there are some people who think it's acceptable to wipe the chopping board with a cloth especially after meat, ie chicken was on it.  YUCK EWWW!!

Salt water and soap people!!!

Lil Me

And, uh...don't touch that bowl of peanuts at the bar...  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Michel

purelife

I am so glad that we're moving out because our suite has now been infested with damn $*%&'ing bed bugs!  I've been itching like crazy and have been swollen like mad.  I knew there were bed bugs around.  Apparently, the guy next door has been working with bed bugs (at his job or something) and have been bringing them home for a year now.  What an idiot!  He didn't tell our Building Manager about this so that she could fight it asap.  Now, these bed bugs are creeping into other apartments, like ours, and and ... SCREAMS!!!!!!!!!  

Guess what we have to do tonight?  Strip search EVERY GOD DAMN THING, WASH EVERYTHING... that's over 15 loads of laundry at $4/load...may have to throw our mattress... *CRIES!*    

49er

try microwave your clothes

purelife

If I had a walk-in microwave....

49er

so you have a walk in washer

Lil Me

HUGGGZZZ.  Crikey, purelife.  The building will get sprayed by a pest removal company, yes?
 p.s.  Submit a copy of your laundromat receipt and see if you can get re-imbursed.  I don't see why you couldn't- the management company will charge it back to The Bug Guy.

Snowing on and off here today.
 Now a wind warning for tonight.  Great.

Michel

Michel

|