So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Awww come on Gophie.  An occasional dumpling is THAT bad.  

I think there is a gross flaw in human design.  I think they should make Mardi Gras really workable.  Every Tuesday you should be able to eat whatever you like without absorbing any bad stuff.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Mardi Gras every tuesday? Holy cow, that would be the greatest law ever passed (from the male perspective)  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Good evening everyone.  

Michel

Lil Me

Evening!

I'm so glad to be home finally. (though I did enjoy the visit with family, despite the unfortunate circumstances.  And hotel swimming pools are da bomb when it's -15 outside...)

Gotta try and get some work done.  I meant to bring some things to do on my trip, but I left the folders at home.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

glad to hear you got home safe and sound lil me.

for me its FREEDOM!!!!
I just had to sit through 3hrs worth of Goffman on stigma and social identity. When I was reading his excerpt of his book which is one long rant. lol
next week Marx.

Michel

P.C.

I'm relieved you're home Lil Me.  Safe and sound and all in one piece.  Yeeeaaaaayyyyyy.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Michel wrote:
Which book ? For class ?  

First 30 pages Stigma: Notes of the Management of Spoiled Identity. It was good I understood what he was making connections to, he never talked about the reverse situation when the minority begins to hate the majority and be just as bad (which I brought up in class) so it ends up becoming an educated rant so to speak. Then of course she made us read a bunch of articles that correlate with Goffman and you get to understand what he was saying. Still though, he never talked about the reverse.
Which became prevelant and noticable in the 2nd and 3rd readings about a blind woman who hated the "normal" because they treated her differently.

Michel

Lise

Welcome home, Lil Me.

Fourth year dental students getting ready to fly the nest. Funny.... I feel like a frantic mother about to see her chicklets go for the first time. Here's hoping they won't all become bitter and cheap later on in life.

Man. I need a life.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Its a reading from the text, but its das kapital.

Aw, Lise. It'll be okay. :)

Michel

Sportsdude

its just a theory on class chapter. If we read any text it will come from additional readings.  

Michel

|