So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Hummer is disturbing.
I keep seeing this "Hummer Helps" ads on tv here in Misery, which is a 30 second ad of hurricane katrina, blizzards, wild fires with a hummer driving in the background. Somehow they equate Hummers saving people.

I swear Hummer can't make ads. The last one I remember was a night time set ad with a Hummer driving by a subway car. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Hey good morning all!!!

Woke up late on Friday morning. Bloody alarm clock didn't ring so I was 45 mins late for work. I'll have to go to work early next year to make it up. Stupid clock. Now I'm paranoid and have two alarm clocks for just in case.

Working on Christmas eve. Meh. Perks of being the new guy. On the plus side, I actually got to work with the techs on the dental chair fiddling with knobs and what-not (space age chairs like you won't believe!). On the downside, I actually get to get down on my knees and hand, scubbing dirty corners.

My co-worker was also late. She had a legit excuse. Her husband struck down a pedestrian while she was crossing the street. I'm not sure what happened but apparently the lights were green and this elderly lady appeared out of nowhere. Kinda scary. She was so shaken up that I don't think she could function the entire day. I don't know why she came to work. Anyways, the lady was taken to the hospital but I don't think there's any major injuries. Wow, eh? I wouldn't know what to do had I been in that situation.

Do men behave the same at the workplace, PC? Funny, I always thought that men would behave differently. Then again... you could be right. One time we were down at the old clinic and something went wrong with the dental equipment. I had called our techs straight away but was told that this other guy was in charge and that I should have called him first. Weird. I thought we were all a team. Ah well. You learn more and more stuff everday.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

I'm unlikely to be here again until after the big day - and so: Happy Christmas Everybody!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

wow Lise, crazy stories about work.

See you after the big day Gopher. :)

Gopher

Sportsdude

hope so, then 11 days until my journey back to Canada.  

Gopher

Are you counting down already?

P.C.

Hi Gophie, Dude and Lise [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/xmas/a014.gif" border=0]

This is funny. Sort of.  I call this the final slap.

So last year, I won a TV at my staff party. ( the same place I left in the spring )  Well, we have never hooked it up, as it wasn't really needed.  Now that I have finished the guest room, I thought it would be nice to put it in there.  So wouldn't ya know it.  It doesn't work.   If I'd known a couple weeks ago, I would have dropped in to this years staff party, and asked if I could trade it in. HAHAHAAAAAHAAAA.

Merry Christmas Ex Work Place. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/xmas/g065.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

totally not cool p.c.

Sportsdude

whoa
i am legend is one scary film to see at the "midnight" (last one of the night) showing.

Lise

Heya guys!!

OMG. That's hilarious, PC! So funny. I guess your former workplace can still manage to bite you after all this time.

I really want to watch I am Legend... but I don't really care to get scared. I thought it looked like a fast action packed movie and now I'm having second thoughts about it. Hmmm. Dunno. I guess I'll have to see.

Anyways, if I don't see you guys, have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Hey everyone!  Merry Christmas!

Funny story about the tv, P.C.  Something tells me you weren't surprised....

Gonna take a break from the movie watching (A Christmas Story, Muppet Christmas Carol, Rocky, and A  Knight's Tale yesterday) and go up skiing.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Merry Christmas Lise and Lisettes !  (the Lisettes....[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/xmas/v010.gif" border=0])  

Gopher

Christmas blessings to everyone here at the moment (that's LilMe and PC, as far as I can see).    

P.C.

Lucky YOU Lil Me.  Sounds like fun.  My legs have never co-operated with seven feet of slippery sticks under them.

Have FUN !!! [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/sportlich/g015.gif" border=0]  

|