Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Hi everyone!

Pho for lunch.  The boss is back in the office and he took me for lunch.  lol

Possibly pork chops for dinner.

Ohh. It's getting sunny.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Oh, I know PC, but I just wanted couldn't wait!  I better not tell you what else I did that was against the 'xmas rules... ;)

Afternoon LM and PC.

Lunch today was brought by one of our business associates who wanted to thank select staff on our floor for our work.  So, we had greek food.  YUM!

ADD:  Isn't it just lovely to see the sun, LM?!  I heard that it's going to rain tomorrow so it's best to enjoy it.  I hope that we have some nice weather next week cuz we're planning on visiting Van Dusen Gardens.

Sportsdude

lol P.C. a citation?
Guess I'm guilty I already gave away what some presents are under the tree.

afternoon
dark and gloomy here.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Good afternoon everyone!!

Just been back from the mall. Super crazy!! Unbelievable and it's only Thursday afternoon. Got some muchies to take to work to share with co-workers.

Asked for my review. My newer co-worker thinks I'm crazy to ask for a work review. She said it was better to stay low-key and fly under your boss' radar. I don't think that's good because it shows that you're not interested in improving your self-worth. I was surprised to find that some co-workers have negative comments about me. I had assumed I was doing a good job but apparently I was not fast enough. I mean, can you really get super fast within a couple of weeks? Insanity. Overall, my work performance was good and I think I get to keep the job. We'll see after January.

I've learnt a lot about human behavior. When at work, ppl are two faced. NEVER NEVER make friends with them. Even if you think they're friendly and awesome folks, the moment you turn your back, they back-stab you. I don't know why (I am unable to fathom why) but they're all like this. Worst is they want to make you part of their gang so you can back-stab the person they don't like.

Supid highschool all over again.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I hear ya Lise.  When you work at a place where women dominate, these childish behavior just never ends.  Ya can't trust anyone, not even the dog.  

We just got handed a huge gift baskets along with a box of Purdy's... omg...chocolate. :))  This is the only time of the year where I really just od on chocolate. :))))

Sportsdude

hmm bummer lise.  

JJ

I've been very busy the last couple of weeks so just wanted to say

Lise

Ja purelife. Working with women is a real pain in the ass. I prefer men, at least when they don't like something, they'll let you know instead of nursing it in their hearts and playing stupid games.

Should send a  memo to the supervisor: NEED MORE MEN involve.

Argh! Don't talk to me about chocolate. For the last two weeks, I probably had my fill for chocolate to last like the entire year. Everyone seems to bring chocolate to work, students and co-workers, dentists and whoever just brings us chocolate galore. I'm so sick of chocolate right now but I can't resist eating a piece whenever it's put in front of us.

They're so evil at work...
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Alright purelife....what else did you do ?  Hmmmmm?  Fess up !!!

Hi JJ.  Nice to see you.  I think everyone is super busy these days.  

Lise...I'm here to tell you, that it's no different with an office full of men.  I worked in a predominantly male atmosphere, and it was brutal.  So much so, that I actually had to quit my job.  I don't think it's about male or female.  I think it's about insecurity and immaturity and that has little to do with gender.  I think your staying away from it all, will pay off in the end.  Hang in there.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

there's no more men Lise. I'm the only male in sociology class, 2 in anthro, 5 in geography.
apparently men don't go to school, so in the "professional" field (4 year degree plus etc) its all women. for example the guys at my school see 30 dollars an hour job putting up dry wall and they take that job. Girls see a future and not the present now, so on average they're more likely to get a degree and specialize in something.
women are smarter, men are short sided. nothing new.

Lil Me

Morning!

SD- some peeps (male & female both) aren't into school.  Nothing wrong with that :)

Wassup everyone?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

49er

Sportsdude wrote:
there's no more men Lise. I'm the only male in sociology class, 2 in anthro, 5 in geography.
apparently men don't go to school, so in the "professional" field (4 year degree plus etc) its all women. for example the guys at my school see 30 dollars an hour job putting up dry wall and they take that job. Girls see a future and not the present now, so on average they're more likely to get a degree and specialize in something.
women are smarter, men are short sided. nothing new.

Morning everyone

SD,  visit an engineering class or a science class.....you be amazed!

Sportsdude

most of the science classes are women at my school. Engineering that's always been male dominated.  

Lil Me

Well, you should count yourself lucky to be surrounded by women, SD.  

Sportsdude

haha yeah. Sociology group thinks are fun, I guess. They end up turning into gossip talk, i just sit back and listen in those, make me 3 points then that's it. lol  

|