So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Some people love breakfast for any time of day.
 Me?  I don't even like breakfast for breakfast!
 I'd rather eat leftover pasta or Chinese than breakfast food.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

lol....I don't think you're alone in that one.  I know lots of people who don't eat breakfast food for breakfast.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

crap.  Gotta go pick up the Mr and the Lil Me family.
 My quiet weekend alone has come to an end :(
 Let the deluge of laundry and wet camping equipment begin.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Awww.  Well drive careful Lil Me.

(ew....soggy camp clothes)

purelife

I know what you mean about soggy clothes and shoes.  That's one load of laundry already!  :P

Afternoon everyone.

P.C.

Good afternoon purelife.  What are you doing on this lovely snowy day ?      

purelife

Heya PC.  We went to Costco earlier and now, are waiting for the rest of our friends to show up.  

You enjoy the rest of your day.  

Gotta go.

P.C.

How was the hot pot Russ ?  Did you do anything different that I might like to know about ?....lol

Sportsdude

morning.
i see it snowed outside.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

We got a light dusting of snow. Nothing much but looking ahead (from the weather channel) it looks like snow and rain for the next few days. Brilliant.

Flex day off tomorrow because we have the dean's luncheon to go to. Not many ppl are happy with the dean luncheon as some are forced to stay back and work. Not very fair. I thought I would have been one of those ppl forced to work since I'm new but they say I haven't been given that specific training so I can't do it. I feel bad for those who have to 'volunteer' to stay behind. Unfair.

I figured if anyone should stay behind, it should have been the supervisors. HA! Like that's gonna happen.

Wonderful party yesterday spoilt by those damn guys wanting to watch the damn hockey. I mean, c'mon!! It's my house, my party, turn the damn hockey game off so we can sit around and talk. Sheesh. MEN. Other than that, good food. Hmmm... a friend brought a platter of cheese to share. I'm not cheese person but it was yummy. Good eats.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I hear ya on the sport thing while having a dinner party Lise.  So annoying.

Sportsdude

well "jesus" (who i find is annoying smug cheap artist whinning baby) was playing in Vancouver for the first time.  

P.C.

Jesus was playing ?

Sportsdude

yes Sidney Crosby aka "the hockey jesus"  

Goats

Evening.

At least you had hockey on lise... the people that were inside at my place put the fight on. I then discovered that three of the guys came over with their girlfriends only cause I had a bigger screen than the three of them so they came specifically to watch the fight. All in all the bbq/russ xmas was pretty good. Saw alot of people I havent seen in a while, got drunk with them, and dazzled them with the bbq. I have pics of a few of the guys sticking their heads underneath the keg tap and dumping beer down their throats.

The only thing I was upset at was a few of my friends took it upon themselves to invite other people to come that I specifically had NOT invited, because I have a dislike of their moochiness. They come over, complain about the food and everything else, but dont bring anything or money to throw in like everyone else.

The night before I had the hot pot goodness with Starfishies family and my own. We ended up overbuying food by alot... like double the amount we needed, we had SO much food it was crazyness. But at least like I said to starfishy we didnt run out. I froze the uncooked food, and the food that was cooked, we put into a jar and I put all that into a stagg chili... went along great.

We really didnt do anything else really different PC.. we did however buy a second hot pot setup from that store, so now we have two hotpots ready and willing to go do delish meals on demand.  

|