So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Our group is having Hon's for lunch today.   Not really looking forward to it...much prefer Indian.

Gopher

I've already had two meals - Pizza earlier on and lasagne a few minutes ago. I'm in training for Christmas.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Good morning....erm.....afternoon purelife.....Gophie.

Good call on the Christmast training Gophie.  Are you going for the Santa physique? [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/xmas/g025.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Not yet, but it's an idea worth thinking about.    
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

okay funny moment of the day:

Roommate and I along with another russian who can drive but can't speak english. (therefore I don't want him driving in the states, lol that would be funny if he got pulled over. Cops would be like hello illegal (russian-asian). rotfl.

Anyway my roommate was like well if we run into a blizzard, we can just continue driving south. SOUTH!! I'm like "do you understand the Interstate highway system out west? There are two routes when we get to denver lol." If we can't go north of denver and only south it will take an extra week to get back to Vancouver Island."

ROTFLMAO. south, please, if there's a blizzard in wyoming, utah, idaho or oregon, I'm driving through it. No way am i going to drive down to new mexico, across Arizona to southern california then up the coast.

there's a reason why they created chains to put on tires.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

True SD.. my brother and I made the others in our group absolute believers in Chains on tires.. they make a night and day difference. Winter driving is fine if the snow is deep enough on the highways, you drive slow enough, and you use chains. If you are going too fast and see sparks.. thens the time to take the chains off, lol.

Well, today we had to change the starter on the GMC and adjust the timing.. but the new engine I rebuilt and dropped in runs great! Alot better than the last one I had in.. what a lemon that last engine was, I dropped about 7k into it with all the best and most expensive performance parts in it. And it didnt go worth a shit... this one I did was a plain jane basic engine, and it does better than the other one.. Im gonna take the other one and make it into a 7k boat anchor I think.

Tonight is the big shopping spree for the hotpot tomorrow night wiht Starfishies Family and Mine.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Have a good hot pot, Russ.

I had a fantastic lunch today.  $9.99 veg buffet at All India Sweets.  It was delish.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

All India Sweets? Sounds familiar.. whereabouts is this? Sounds good too.. I usually get that veggie buffet then buy a side dish of lamb masala or chicken curry.

Thanks for the Hot Pot well wishes LM.. Im hoping teh Hot Pot Priestess blesses our hotpot for us too!

Well, Im anxiously awaiting on the Starfishie...
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Afternoon to you fine folks! :)

Enjoy your hotpot, Russ.  I'm sure it'll be superb!

Last night, we had one of the most beautiful dinners.  It was at The Boathouse and our waiter sang us this 'xmas song in Latin.

P.C.

Oh boy.....hot pot shopping.  That's the next best thing to the hot pot itself. Cheers to the upcoming Hot Pot, Russ.  I'll salute that !  Such a fabulous wintery, it's cold outside, kind of thing to do.   *droolzzzzz*

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a063.gif" border=0]

I have been decking the halls.  Lawwwd what a lot of work....lol.  I think someone put a curse on all my lights.  Which is ok, I guess, as I'm switching them out for the LED's.  But the lights that I have stay fixed to the garlands, and I think even Houdini would have had trouble untwangling these blasted things.  

Sportsdude

afternoon all.
planning my vacation here. lol its going to crazy.

P.C.

Was it what you ate....or the over all atmosphere or experience that made it beautiful, purelife ?    

purelife

So, you are going home for 'xmas, SD?

purelife

Hey PC.  It was everything!  From the spontaneity of choosing this restaurant, to the food (OMGDELICIOUS) to the night scenery cuz we sat by the window facing the boats at the Quay to the singing to the feeling of being in a fancy restaurant to the walking on the Quay afterwards.      

Sportsdude

yup. that's about the most normal part. lol

|