So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Hey Everyone!  Busy day, so I missed DS lunch :(  But Mr LM took me for brekky at De Dutch mid-morning.

Mr LM fixed our chronically noisy phone line!  It had been driving us both nuts.  After taking a mess of wiring apart and putting it back together, he realized the problem was the kitchen phone jack...there were 2 phones plugged in to it- he unplugged one, and everything is fine!  It only took a couple of hours...

Tacos for dinner.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

nice to have the phone fixed i bet.
my cell always sounds like someone is driving on the other end for some reason. The new phone is like that the old one while it had been dropped a few times is perfectly fine.

pasta for dinner with mushrooms and maybe meat don't know yet.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 I had an apple....and a half a peanut butter sammich.

I just stripped a solid oak chest of drawers to paint it black.  Poor Sawdust is clutching his heart.[/DIV]
 Im with Sawdust on this one.. an OAK chest?

Anyhoo.. Dinner will be the Cabbage Rolls from M & M Meats... We are waiting expectantly for it to be doen in 5 more minutes...

Then at like 830 we will be heading out for chicken wings
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

I didn't think having two phone jacks would cause such problems!  I bet you guys were relieved to see that fixed.

mmm....don't ya just love the cabbage rolls?  yummy!  :)))  

i had an omelet for dinner.

P.C.

hey purelife.....the hail came down really hard for only about 5 minutes, then stopped.  Only to start again harder 10 minutes later.

You know Russ.....I used to be like that with wood.  I couldn't fathom why anyone would paint beautiful wood.  But after biting the bullet a couple times and doing it.....it occurred to me, it really is just a mind set.  The fact of the matter is.....it can always be undone.  The oak chest of drawers is really nice.....but is stained in a way that looks like maple......and was not going to go with what I have planned.  So it was either sell it.....and take a loss.....and buy what I want for twice as much as I would get for it. (I'm not sure that made sense.....but I know what I mean....LOL)

Even Sawdust was impressed with the end result.  It looks smashing !
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Everybody Sing:

I see an oak drawer and I want to paint it black...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

No colours any more, I want them to turn black.....

[img height=128 alt="Musical Note Preview" src="http://www.mouserunner.com/MusicalNotes1/MusicalNotes1Preview.png" width=128]

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 hey purelife.....the hail came down really hard for only about 5 minutes, then stopped.  Only to start again harder 10 minutes later.

You know Russ.....I used to be like that with wood.  I couldn't fathom why anyone would paint beautiful wood.  But after biting the bullet a couple times and doing it.....it occurred to me, it really is just a mind set.  The fact of the matter is.....it can always be undone.  The oak chest of drawers is really nice.....but is stained in a way that looks like maple......and was not going to go with what I have planned.  So it was either sell it.....and take a loss.....and buy what I want for twice as much as I would get for it. (I'm not sure that made sense.....but I know what I mean....LOL)

Even Sawdust was impressed with the end result.  It looks smashing ![/DIV]
 Ok.. Im not going to agree here, cause you said it can be done again... Im a firm believer in do once and never do it again until the next generation does it.

Can you tell Ive been coerced in redoing stuff cause the better half didnt like how it came out? lol.

Well, we are going somewhere else next week for wings. Hudson's Landing (marpole area beside White Spot) was ok, wings were good. But at 45 cents each I dont think they are anything to shout out about.. the chick at the front, Maitre De <I think> was a twat, but the bartender was accomodating and the saving grace.

Im currently trying to top off with a few J&B's and coke... night ended too early for a sailor.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Talking about cellphones... I really need to get that stupid jacket. Fracken dropped the phone like five times since I bought it a month ago. Stupid fiddly thingee. Almost makes me wish I had one of those mega chunk cellphones way back when it first came out. At least when someone annoys me, I can chuck the phone at them and do some serious damage.

Oh er.... overheard on the bus... beware of wearing your iPod when travelling. This woman's son was actually attacked by a group of teens (two boys and a girl) who wanted his cellphone. They followed him from the bus and then demanded he handed them the iPod. The girl had a mace. The guy say he wasn't gonna fight over the iPod so he just gave them. They then took off and a man ran up to the son and told them he just saw everything. Called up the cops and they arrested the teens within an hour.

Scary, eh?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Heya Lise.  Nice to see you around. :))

Oh, I'm a clutz too when it comes to dropping cell.  I use my cell as my morning alarm and when I try to reach for it, it often drops along with my glasses and everything else on the table.  :P   I brought my jacket protector from Future Shop and it's awesome.

That's pretty scary about the ipods.  I heard that it's not a good idea to be listening to anything when you're walking home...better to have your ears wide.  

Morning everyone.  

Last night, I slept in an apartment with no heat.  FREAKING cold all evening/night long. :P  

Lil Me

I missed Lise :(  Hi Lise!

purelife- hope your office is nice and warm today.  

I drop my MP3 all the time.  It doesn't help that I stuff it in my bra at the gym or in the waistband of my sweats.  I should get an armband thing.

Lil Me

Canned fish, strawberries, tomatoes and lima beans for lunch.  Reheated coffee.  

Gopher

Lil Me wrote:
Canned fish, strawberries, tomatoes and lima beans

Stuffed into your bra?

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

HA!  No, but that would be cheaper than silicone implants.  

P.C.

That would be an interesting look for sure......lima bean implants. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/d025.gif" border=0]

|