So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Oh really?  I don't know where I got the notion it was spicy.  I'd love to give it a try.....my mouth always waters a wee bit when everyone talks about it. *drooolllzzzz

I also found a fabulous recipe for pot stickers in one of my billion recipe books....so I may do those with the hot pot tomorrow night.  This one is The Complet Chinese and Asian Cookbook, and I think I gained 5 pounds just reading it tonight.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Don't worry, you probably thought it was spicy because a lot of us pile in the chiles and hot sauce.

Mmmmm.  Potstickers sounds yummy.  They also sell frozen potstickers at Costco.  The Ling Ling brand.
 [a href="http://www.ling-ling.com/home.html"]http://www.ling-ling.com/home.html[/a]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Yes....I love those things.....have bought them for years.  I like it when I find out that things that I think are complicated are really quite easy.  One of the fellows that is coming for dinner is hugely alergic to sesame.....so making the sauces and things myself will make me feel better.

Michel

Sportsdude

good evening everyone sounds like everyone's having fun.
Went to the mermaid mug for a late dinner.

interesting place. very lounge-ish, more couches then tables.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Bangers and mash today, a lot safer than dried apricots - although I must say that they real ly did make the going easy for the following 24 hours.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Michel wrote:
 I'm gonna miss the CF-18 flight over my appartment in Ottawa and the gun firing downtown. It was always impressive to see.[/DIV]
 Yeah.. we dont get that here, although we do get a parade down at the cenotaph.. I think we will be down there on monday morning.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Hey Russ-o-boy, what the heck's wrong with a fake pumpkin? Me don't have to kill a real life pumpkin next Halloween so it's good right?

Lil Me - I hate digging... which would explain why I'm missing a shovel. BTW, I know the potstickers you're talking about. A friend of ours love them and keeps bringing them to our potluck. Delicious stuff! Ling Ling rocks!! Especially the yummy sauce.

Oh er... can you believe when I went to work on Friday, UBC had a break-in? Yup. Apparently someone tried to break into the dental building using a employee's card (he failed to report it went missing... uh-oh for him) and they attempted to remove the safe from the office room. Ja... like UBC is so rich it keeps cash overnight. Anyways, they couldn't remove the safe so they left everything. We think it's definitely an inside job.

What a weird week. First the power outage, then fire alarm and now a break-in. Never thought work would be so interesting.[/DIV]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

haha sounds like your having fun lise.  

Lil Me

Well Lise, I think I can safely say that your job is more exciting than most of ours!

Hope everyone had a nice Sunny Saturday.

I played Laser Tag for the 1st time today.  Oh my, it was fun.  (I didn't think I would enjoy it).  It was fun to play Jack Bauer for 10 minutes!

Safeway chicken for dinner before Saturday church.

G'night dotcomrades.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Heya Lil Me! Where did you go playing laser tag? Sounds like fun!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Afternoon everyone.  

Laser tag?!  Must've been FUN FUN FUN especially with lil kiddies.  Yes, we'd like to know where you went.

Lil Me

Hey All!

Laser Tag was at Crash Crawly's.  There's a coupon in the Entertainment Book.  (there's also a coupon for Planet Laser on Braid in NW, but haven't been there yet).  Great fun for kids and adults!  The flack jacket is bit heavy, so a kid needs to be robust enough to wear it while running.  Jeckyl is small, but he's tough- so he had no problem with it.

Back from the Parade to the Cenotaph and ceremony there.  4 planes flew overhead in formation at 11am.  Couldn't tell you what kind.

Lunch was hot dogs and hot chocolate put on by the Legion after the ceremony.

P.C.

Good evening

OMG it's frightful here.  Thunder (weird) and the wind is getting downright scary.  It has poured non-stop ALL day.  We lost power....and I expect it to go again if this wind keeps up.

What's it doing where you are SD?

Sportsdude

just rain. no power out.
haven't heard any thunder either.

|