So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

MIchel wrote:   whoa, that's way too big for Mini-Lise, shuld invite people to share that cake...

That's my plan.....[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="vny!://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c032.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Beautiful day out. looks cloudy across the strait though.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Aaaaah. Thanks everyone!!!! The birthday cake is taller than Lise Jr.

We had a wonderful b'day celebration. Around 11.00 am, hubby said, "Oh dear, my mom isn't going to make anything for lunch when the relatives arrive. What are YOU going to make?" At geez.... they were coming at 12pm!!! WTH?

We made a mad dash to Save-On Foods, got a cheese pizza (had to satisfy the kids), then made beef patties for beef burger (had to satisfy the rest) then cake. Geeeeeeee.... what a nightmare. All I can say is, thank goodness for George Foreman Grill.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

phew that must of been hectic.  

Lise

Hey SD.

Oh believe me, it was. I was literally down to the last minute.... and then our relatives show up 1/2 hour late. *sigh*

Whatcha having for din din tonight? I'm having more burger, hubby wants the same stuff but I might jack up the burger a bit, make it a bit different from lunch.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

hamburger helper.  

Sportsdude

wow! what a finish to the lions football game. Last second touchdown.  

Lil Me

Happy to Lise Jr Jr!  Hope everyone had a fun party.  I'm sure the family enjoyed your homemade burgers.  What spices do you put in your burger meat, Lise?

Leftovers for dinner here after a long day.  Went to Playland with Heckyl&Jeckyl and one of their friends.  Mr LM and I were pleasantly surpised that the Playland "Guardian Pass" is only about $11 per adult- and that it includes rides.  We thought we would be standing around holding jackets and water bottles, but we got to ride as well.  WooHoo!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

$11 per adult is still expensive. I can still remember when Playland was like $5 each or something like that. The PNE is double the price. Ridiculous.

That's a really nice Dora cake. Lise Jr. is starting to recognized Dora. She'd point out Dora and go 'Dor...' Can't quite manage to say the rest but she's catching on that this is what her big sister loves to watch.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

$11 per adult is still expensive. I can still remember when Playland was like $5 each or something like that. The PNE is double the price. Ridiculous.

But didn't (at some past time), this price did not include rides ?  Everything was separate.  $11 sounds good to me, if it include the rides too.

Lise

Hey Ms. PC,

Yes, it included the rides. Everything was cheaper back then and now it's not. Literally everything's double in Vancouver and it wasn't that long ago when I was here 10 years ago.

I do like the rides at Playland but can't go on most of them on account of Lise Jr. too short to meet the height requirement. I guess it's a good deal if your kids can go on the rides.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Good evening Miss Lise

I love the rides....so I'm probably not very objective about whether the prices are good or not....lol

I just remember (maybe longer ago than I thought) that a pass to Playland or the PNE was only the cost to enter.  It didn't include squat.  So all that has changed now ?

P.C.

Hey Lise....changing the subject a little (a lot)....can you give me a ball-park figure on porcelain veneers ?

Lise

It depends. Where is the porcelain? Is it for the front anterior (usually pricier) than the back (usually cheaper cause it's a mixture of various metal plus porcelain). The back is usually not as critical for esthetic (spelling) look.

It will also depend on the lab fee, each lab charges different. Also the amount of dental work being done. So a lot of factor goes in.

Could be anywhere from $500 to $1,000 plus.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

It depends. Where is the porcelain? Is it for the front anterior (usually pricier) than the back (usually cheaper cause it's a mixture of various metal plus porcelain). The back is usually not as critical for esthetic (spelling) look.

It will also depend on the lab fee, each lab charges different. Also the amount of dental work being done. So a lot of factor goes in.

Could be anywhere from $500 to $1,000 plus.

Are we talking per tooth ????

I was thinking of 'the woiks'.  I have heard quotes upward of $20,000 to $30,000.00.  Could this be for real?

I'm just looking for a ball-park.  If it costs 2 to 5 hundred to have a tooth filled these days....I'm thinking $500 wouldn't even cover numbing....LOL[/DIV]

|