So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Took DS long enough to be up! Hmph. TehBorken must be having tons of sex in the  meantime.

Thank you for the Yorkshire pudding recipe, PC! Really appreciate it. Looking forward to doing that one of these days.

Took Lise Jr. to school. OMG. My heart got broken into many pieces. I had to flee before I broke down and cried in front of her. It was hilarious. She didn't last more than an hour before they called me to pick her up one hour early. By the time I got there, she had settled down (just had a snack) so she was calm. I asked if she wanted to stay still but she pointed to me and wouldn't answer anyone. As soon as we left, she talked about everything that she did and said she had lotsa fun. ROTFL.

PC. Yes, everyone we knew had hotpot before so it was kinda nice to see what they could bring to the table. Someone brought in chicken/vegetable dumplings.

Did you enjoy the hotpot, SD?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Scavenger hunt, Lil Me? Oooh... sounds like fun! Keep us posted on what you find.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

P.C. wrote:
 Hey Michel.......for heavens sake.....[FONT size=4]will you register[/FONT] !!!  That's the 3rd time I've gone to PM you then realized I can't !!!!

WHAT'S THE HOLD UP ?   [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif[/img]

Uhh ? that was 4 days ago, it's a little bit too late now I assume... lol

You don't need to PM me PC, unless it's dirty and I know you're not ! lol

Plus I don't wanna be smite by evil-PL.

P.C.

Awww Lise....my heart goes out to you.  First day of school is far tougher on the moms I think. *sniff*   Memories.  (did you take lots of pics?)

What are her thoughts about tomorrow ?  

Michel !  Your back.  lol about your smiting fears.  But seriously.....how come you don't register really ?  (not that I'm trying to push you into it.....I'm just curious)

So where did you go for your long weekend get away?  Did you get to see any wildlife ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Michel - if PC smites you, she does it ever so gently with her great featherduster so you've nothing to fear from her.

Lise Jr. is going twice a week. I don't think she can handle more than two days. We'll see what happens. I don't really wanna scare her off so that she won't go to preschool forever.

Man, I miss school.... I wanna go back to school and start all over again. Remember the times when you don't have to worry about life? And all you have to worry about is passing your grades? Good times. *sigh*

What did everyone have for dinner? I had BBQ chicken, courtesy of Superstore.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Chicken, green beans, carrots and red pontiacs.  Yummmm.

2 days a week is a good way to ease into it Lise.

I did a bunch of studying up this afternoon on geocaching......I'm in.....LOL  

Lise

Geocaching... is the the treasure hunt that Lil Me is into right now? Another addiction to pass your time, PC?
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I LOVE a good treasure hunt.  I like playing them AND making them.  I don't think it's something I would jump into with both feet, but I'd like to try it.

Sportsdude

LOVED the Hotpot. They don't make chinese food like that back at home. I don't think I can have take out again. omg soo good. Maybe in anthropology class when I get a partner to talk about cultural differences and customs she/he can cook some chinese food and I'll try my best at the hungarian stuff.

Just got back from my first experience with universal health care. What a shocker they didn't eat me alive and were highly qualified folks not pre schoolers. (privatization proganda from the states that was driven into me at an early age bs)

Then I took a walk walked for a few hours went all the way up from downtown Nanaimo to the ferry terminal. lol.
Just got back from carrying 50lbs worth of food from the store gosh I hate that walk. Momma would not be proud no veggies or fruit.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

SD- you might want to eat a piece of fruit a day.  Just because.  Universal health care or not!
 (or go to Costco and get some of purelife's AllBran).

Dinner tonite was Costco salmon with rice and veggies.  It was farmed salmon (ack!) but we all seem to be alive and breathing still...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Evening to you fine folks. :)))

Awwww....Lise, it's certainly tough to let her go for the first time to preschool.  It's great to hear that you're preparing her for kindygarten. :)))  A lot of moms skip out preschool and even kindygarten. Dunno why though.

Dinner was simple.  Canned kippered fillets by Cloverleaf with a peach and o.j.  yum yum.

Did you know that there is more omega 6 and 3 in the cloverleaf brand of sardines than the brunswick?  Oh, so worth the extra buck 50!  

purelife

Hey Lil Me.

Do you shop at M&M Meats?  If so, have you tried their salmon portion?  It comes in different marinades like dill and one in garlic and herb sauce.  OMGDELICIOSOS!  And they have yummy shepperd's pie, cabbage rolls.... You gotta try...so convenient and costs pretty much the same if you were to make it yourself. :))

Lil Me

Hey pl!  I think I tried the M&M maple salmon once.  It was really good.  Must remember to go there more than once a year!  (I keep forgetting- and I get everything at StupdStore or Costco).  Must try new things at M&M like Shepherd's Pie and Cabbage Rolls!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

quesadilla with cheese and ham plus a chef boy ardee thingy.
roomate is going to Vancouver but I passed on going. He goes every week though so its not like its a one weekend thing.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

I laugh every time I hear quesadilla (after watching Napoleon Dynamite).  Sounds like a tasty dinner, SD.  

|