So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

I'm putting on my silly "I'm a foreigner" name tag and going shopping. lol Grocery stores are soo different in the states. Your porportions are smaller, and you don't sell alcohol in the stores as well. weird. Hope I don't get lost.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Hi, SD.  I think the proportions are smaller because of using grams instead of ounces.  Have fun shopping.  If you are lost, just ask anyone how to get back to Malaspina College.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

maybe kitten but when I was in the 'snack area' your oreos come in a bag of not very many. Down where I'm from all oreos come in a plastic tray of 50.

Milk is cheaper here. Back home its about a dollar more thanks to ethanol production increases.

kitten

Maybe that smaller bag is to help people "supersizing" themselves.  lol

Sportsdude

I have no clue but we did look like out of towners. Me the new zealander and this mexican girl I met yesterday. lol  

Lise

I agree the portion sizes here are smaller - that's cause we eat far less than the average American. You don't see many fat people here, do you? If you think the portions here are smaller, wait till you go to any Asian countries.

Back from the park. I can't believe we cut our picnic short because of one stupid bee. Damn bee was hovering near us and we went berserk, waving our arms and screaming. I panicked most of the time because of the kiddies. My mother-in-law said our flight was like 'you'd think you were flying from a lion and not a bee.' LOL.

Damn but I'm sleepy as hell. Didn't get much sleep last night on account of me worrying about the job. *sigh*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

I decided to have a "real" meal tonight, so I cooked some haddock with French fries and beans.  I feel quite virtuous for having done the right thing.  Besides, sandwiches were getting boring.

Who else had a nice supper?

Lil Me

That sounds delicious, kitten.  

I had some BBQ sauce marinated steak (from M&M) with microwaved veg and brown rice.

Lunch was....interesting.  I was given some free passes to the Taiwanese Cultural Festival at the Plaza of Nations, so I wanted to try something different for lunch.  I had some vegetarian sticky glutinous rice balls ($4 for 2 LARGE ones) served cold with a chili plum sauce.   Looked like a diaphragm filled with bamboo shoots and dried turnip.  I'm glad I tried them, though.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Good for you miss Kitten.  It's nice to treat ourselves as well as we'd treat others.

I had a yummy dinner too.  It doesn't matter what it is....because hubby cooked it.  So it's always good.....a) because it IS good and b) because everything tastes better when someone else cooks.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

rofl Lil Me......why that sounds....erm....delicious.  You can't beat a well cooked diaphragm

kitten

Lil Me, you said your lunch was "interesting".  Would you eat that food again?  Did you like it?

P.C., you are so right.  It is so much nicer if someone else cooks your food.  That way you can devote your full attention to enjoying it.  

Lil Me

I'm glad I tried the chewy diphragm with vegetables, but I can't say that I'd ever order it again!

kitten- do you make your own french fries from potatoes?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kitten

No, it's too much of a nuisance for one.  I just get the McCain Superfries.  I don't have to worry about grease splatters that way.

Lil Me

Yummy all the same.  Ketchup?  Vinegar?  Or plain fries?  

P.C.

Sometimes convenience is nice, Kitten.

I'd love to see a picture of your lunch Lil Me.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

|