So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Hey P.C.!  Hey 49er!

They just call them "baby banquets" here.  Didja bring your red envelopes?  (I can never figure out which red envelopes to use- I'm sure I'm handing out envelopes that say "Happy New Year" for every occasion...)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

49er

Hi Lil Me,

The trick is to get generic red envelopes.  I think my wife bought a supply of red envelopes from Hong Kong with our last name stamped on it.........we use these for all ocasions.

Lil Me

Your wife is very clever.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Hi Lil Me.

(pardon my ignorance)  Cool....Red Egg and Ginger.....I assume there is some significance in this ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

49er

I think it all came about because its an old chinese custom to serve ginger, pigs feet and egg cooked together in vinegar to visitors after a birth.  Red egg (hard boiled, shell deeped in red dye)........I think the chinese make everthing red for all happy ocasions (white for death)

ADD...the new mother is given the cooked ginger and vinegar the first month after giving birth, to help her recover.  Recently western researchers reported there is truth in this belief

Sportsdude

souds awesome 49er.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

ugh its too hot out.
Its going to be 100F/38 C today with real feel at 105F/40C

Sportsdude

I retired from throwing papers this morning. woot on to retirement!  

P.C.

Good morning SD.  So you've gone in to early retirement. Really REALLY early.

Sportsdude

yup..... off to the retirement home now.  

P.C.

lol....I can just picture it.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/figuren/a045.gif" border=0]

It's going to be another gorgeous day...yeayyyyy !

Sportsdude

yeah days like today (here in the burbs) make me so wish it was the 29th and I'm in BC. Its too freaking hot out. Plus its not safe to go out Orange quality air day. That means 15 minutes max.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

SD, P.C., lurkers, I can't stay.

Shouldn't stay.

Even though, on a Monday like this it's what I would so love to do.

But they will fire me, and then I will have no more shiny toys, or Internets, and I will have to sell my Zoom Zoom and ride a bicycle again.

I would have to clean windshields with my bodily fluids, for a few pennies. After a month I would have enough to plop down in a Net cafe and visit DS again, just to remember the good times. Then they would find me dead in a gutter, an empy bottle of jack in my claw and my liver shrunken up like a half-chewed wad of beef jerky    =(

So happy monday.
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

Sportsdude

hey pm

darn it! I missed STRASSENFEST!! ugh and I'm of drinking age too lol. stupid me.

(german festival downtown mass drunkeness basically between the german catholics and german lutheran churches who sponsor the event)

P.C.

Well it was nice to see your shiny face if only for a moment Monkee.  We definitely don't want you to be found with your liver resembling a piece of chewed up beef jerky. (rofl)  So you work hard today....or at the very least, make it LOOK like you're working very hard.  ( I think there's a 'How To' book for this.)

|