So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

pitbullca.bc

waiting on the dang hockey game!!!!!!!!!!  all by my lonesome self...kiddy poos will be in bed an hour after the game starts....so...that leaves just me....*sniff*  

P.C.

We have Homeowners Association too 49er.  I think the difference is the Strata Council deals with condos and townhouses.....where they own their home, but not their property.

edit:  Sorry Miss Pit.  I Just noticed you already covered that.....[A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_blush.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A][A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_blush.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A][img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif[/img]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

49er

P.C. wrote:
We have Homeowners Association too 49er.  I think the difference is the Strata Council deals with condos and townhouses.....[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"]where they own the 'home', but not the property.[/FONT]

Now I'm confused...........??    

P.C.

Well if you own an appartment in an appartment building....you only own the appartment.....but not the property the apartment resides on.  

P.C.

I'm explaining this poorly, aren't I.

Decisions made in a townhouse or condo complex involve all residents with a 'share' in the complex that affect the welfare of all who live there.  Homeowners Association is for discussions of how they function within a community.

49er

P.C. wrote:
Well if you own an appartment in an appartment building....you only own the appartment.....but not the property the apartment resides on.  [/DIV]
 I see,  we still call it Homeowners Association ......... whether its condos, townhouses or single family homes.  

Its not common to not own a  % of the property (land, common areas, etc) for condos and townhouses here.  Only place I can think where some condo owners do not own the land is in Hawaii.....where the condos are developed on leased land.

P.C.

I guess they DO own a percentage or 'share' of the property.  (I have never owned a townhouse, condo etc....so not sure about all that goes with it)  But because you only own a share, decisions for improvements etc have to be agreed upon by all 'share' holders.      

pitbullca.bc

wow...end of the first...and ducks are 3 and canucks are 1....I see an arse wupping erupting!

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

pitbullca.bc

doesn't matter how much you hate SD...they are still winning hon!

Lil Me

P.C. wrote:
I guess they DO own a percentage or 'share' of the property.  (I have never owned a townhouse, condo etc....so not sure about all that goes with it)  But because you only own a share, decisions for improvements etc have to be agreed upon by all 'share' holders.
 --

You guys are totally right.  Each owner owns their own home, plus a share of limited common property.  So everyone is responsible for roadways, parking areas, mechanical systems, fire suppression, etc.  The Strata Council is the governing body for the owners.  And it's a sucky volunteer job.

But it was a good night of drinking with the unbalanced neighbours.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Devil

Gooood Morn!

Beautiful sunny day here today. rained enough last night just to make things fresh!

I am looking forward to the weekend. gf doesn't work, and we are going to a buddy's house for a birthday celebration.

Other than that, not much planned.

I am looking forward also to the hiking season. Not ready yet, I want the bears to wake up and eat other things first.      

Lil Me

Hey Dev!  Good Morning!

Still raining here.  Coffee tastes good. *streeetch*

ADD:  I'm not thinking about the weekend yet.  Too much crap to do between now and then.  Mr LM is leaving for another secret ops mission and Heckyl is going to Cub camp.  Gotta get them both packed today.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Does the aircraft carrier USS Saratoga fly or float?:
If your father was named "Bob" and you're named "Jim", what's your dad's name?:
Does the Washington Monument weigh more or less than 5 hamsters?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview