So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

How was the buffalo, pitbull?  I was thinking you could add some deer to that and some tomato sauce and oregano to make some kind of stew.  And if you ate it at home......you could call it 'Where the Deer and the Antelope Rome'.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Rome? You mean roam, right? ;)  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

No....I meant Rome.  Tomato sauce and oregano says so.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

lol. I've always wondered when Italians started actually eating Italian food.  I mean I don't think Ceasar was having lasagna and chicken alfredo every night.  

Sawdust

Hi all! How da heck is every little thing going?
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Sawdust

Hey Sportsdude, didn't mean to bug out on you last night, BC Hydro, with a little help from the wind took care of that. The Clippers are doing ok, but in terms of junior hockey they are in a lower tier. They are in the BC junior hockey League as opposed to the WHL. That doesn't mean it's not good hockey to watch, just that their players are usually not on the NHL scouts radar.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

pitbullca.bc

buffalo was AWESOME!  Kids loved it too!  

Sawdust

Was it Buffalo or Beefalo? If it was Buffalo, how is the taste compared to cow?

Sportsdude

ah thanks sawdust, hmm so then the nearest big team would be in Vic then right?  

Sawdust

Victoria has the Salmon Kings, part of the East Coast  Hockey League ( go figure, an island in the Pacific has an east coast team????) they are the second call up level for the Canucks after the Manitoba Moose. Getting confusing yet?

Sportsdude

Then where does the Vancouver Giants fit into this?  

Sawdust

BCHL players may graduate to the the Western Hockey League. When I grew up in Ontario it was called Major Junior Hockey (WHL, OHL, QHL) The Giants as part of that group are usaully filled with players that have been or may be drafted by an NHL team. Both the Salmon King and Manitoba Moose are professional teams that pay their players and are usually under a 2 way contract with their parent NHL team.

Sawdust

Way too off topic for a lunch thread, sorry. Gotta fly, have a great night all.

pitbullca.bc

hey sawdust...I guess you could say beefalo.  Farm raised.  Fattier than wild game is but better than beef.  Still have to mix a little pork in with the buffalo burger cause it is still a little too lean

Lil Me

mmmm.  Sounds like a good BBQ, Pitbull.

Just got home from Scouts (Beaver Colony meeting) and having a drink.  Vodka with lemon juice tonight.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|