So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Afternoonie, all. purelife,  hope you're having a good day.

I kinda feel happy and kinda feel sad. I haven't shopped for myself for two years. Isn't that sad? No new clothes, not even a maternity wear apart from one pants (either that or I would have to wear hubby's).... so today I decided I should update my wardrobe. Went to the Bay, finally bought a pair of jeans, a blouse and a jacket.  Then a lipstick with a gloss...... altogether $200.

I'm suffering from empty wallet now.... but my husband said to go for it seeing as I've not bought a thing for myself in the last two years and what I have, my parents or sisters got for me.

It feels good to get something that fits for a change. I just realized that I'm a size down from what I used to be. It's nice to be able to fit into a size 8 jeans. WOOHOO!!!  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Devil

purelife wrote:
Good afternoon everyone.  :)

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day. :)

Afternoon is a lot better now with you here!

Hey sportsdude, have a great time. Les Canadiens are always entertaining.

I will be watching Calgary/TB. First time they play each other since the 2004 playoffs is tonight.  

Lise

Hey Devil. What..... hockey night?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

yup so if anyone gets RDS lol look for a giant with curly hair behind the Canadiens bench. hehe  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Hockey Night indeed Lise.  Got insanely good seats at a mighty good discount (55% off) because there would have been no way I was going to but the seats at regular price.    

purelife

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]It's nice to be able to fit into a size 8 jeans. WOOHOO!!![/span]
 [hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]Way to go LISE!  :)  *jumps up and down*  Now, that's something to brag about. ;)  You look wonderful.  I was amazed at how quickly you lost your weight from giving birth.  

You definitely deserve to buy things for yourself.  2 years is certainly a long time going without buying any goodies for yourself. :)  We always seem to buy things that we need but neglect to treat ourselves to what we might want.   :)  Once in a while is good and the feeling is wonderful. :)

Devil

Lise wrote:
Hey Devil. What..... hockey night?

[/DIV]
 Yep, but not at the actual game. I will be watching at home.  yay, popcorn night!

*sigh* gf is working nights again....ol' righty it is then...kidding...sort of......  

Lise

It does feel wonderful, purelife..... but I'm such a cheapskate that I'm probably going to return the makeup. Darn it.

Now if I can win the lottery, I'm going to buy the rest of the Bay...... and I'll buy you whatever you want too.  
Bill Cosby.

Devil

purelife wrote:

Way to go LISE!  :)  *jumps up and down*  

Yeah..umm..can you jump up and down some more?....  heehee

Sportsdude

Its splurge day Lise.  You deserve it.  

I'm the same way, and I haven't really done anything weekend wise in months, So tonight is a good diversion for me.

Just like your new clothes Lise. You've worked hard, you need to spoil yourself every now and again.

purelife

Oh no, don't return anything.  :)  Unless you think that the makeup isn't worth what you spend or you don't think that you're going to use it.  It's nice to look pretty and have some makeup on.  What kind did you buy?
 I say keep it... Purelife orders you to.  ;)

Hi SD, Devil, Lise. :)

purelife

Definitely spoil yourself for losing one size down.  That's something worth celebrating.  

(I kinda told myself not to buy any clothes until I get down to about two sizes down.. so, stuck with my one pair of jeans for now.)  :)  So, shoes? ;)  heee hee...

Lise

I've never watch a hockey game in person. I should. Just to see what it's like but I don't get the game.... and tickets are not cheap.

Thanks, SD. It feels nice to spoil oneself. I should do it more often. *contemplating robbing hubby's wallet.....*

I bought MAC. I think I like this brand. Feels hippier and sexier. I love the glossiness of the lipstick on one's lips. I think I might go back and get some lessons on how to apply eyeshadow onto one's eyelids.  
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Wearing a Christmas outfit.  Got my Canada Roots hoodie (says canada on it) with the t-shirt I came with and of course its in red.    

purelife

Hmmm, MAC.  Definitely keep it then.  I have never brought anything at MAC...probably because it's just too expensive for me. :(  

I found this super cool lip gloss (tinted with some color and vanilla scented) from Save On Foods for 7 bucks.  It's the Terra Gloss brand.  They only sell it at Save Ons. :)  My fav and I'm a lip gloss freak.

OK, gotta go.. gotta play some chess.  I hope that I win but my competition is super super good.  Uhm, he's 6 years old. :)  tee hee...

|