So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Hey 49er.

Yes, I know but I'm not telling my husband. Hehe. Called lard. That's why I buy the frozen ones so I can steam them at home without the lard to make them plump and glistening.

But ssssshhhh..... don't tell him otherwise I can't eat dim sum for life.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

hehehe lise that's funny.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

49er

Hiya All!..........yes hargow is shrimp dumplings.........unless in the more expensive dim sum restaurants the bulk of the stuffing is pork  

Lise

The skin is sometimes coated with lard.

Which brings me to a most important question, do you eat the skin first like me?  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

It's not lying unless you are asked a direct question.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

hargow..yummy.  Heya 49er.  

Superstore is worst during the day before school starts.  Almost all the parents do their school supplies shopping on that weekend before school starts.  MADNESS!  I learned my lesson.

I actually don't mind the quick checkouts over at Superstore.  It seems to be quicker than the aisles.  

Lil Me

no, I take bites of the whole thing.  I get mad at my kids for dissecting their dimsum!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

49er

Lise wrote:
The skin is sometimes coated with lard.

Which brings me to a most important question, do you eat the skin first like me?  [/DIV]
 Hell no.....I pop the whole thing in my mouth

Lise

Yes. It would be funny to scan a huge box of diapers at the express counter.

Lil Me. Dissecting dim sum is half the fun!! I always reserve the shrimp for later. That's the best part. Not to mention the chilli sauce that coats half my dumplings..... man, I'm hungry already.  
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Oh, hey Lise.  I brought that Western Family lasagna and I have to say that it's yummy.  Thanks for the recomendation.  Oh darn, and I forgot to check out the coffee beans for PC.  Drat!  I knew that I had to do something... AARGH!    

Lise

Do you guys like the sui mai? I miss those. Man, do I really miss those. *sigh*

My favorite are those chicken feet. I go nuts over them. Can't leave the restaurant without getting my chicken feet. *slurp*  
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Have you tried the T&T ones yet?  I haven't but will one day soon.  I like their goyza.  Yum.  

Lise

Yeah, the WF brand isn't bad especially for the lasagne, purelife. If I'm super lazy and I'm having people over I get the bigger brand. Serve that with salad. Easy.  
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Yes, I've tried the dim sum at T&T. Teh gross. But cheap. $2.50 for four is cheap but you pay for what you get.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Oh, I miss the variety of dim sum... I haven't had it for a looong time.  Pink Pearl restaurant in Vancouver has some tasty sui mai and dim sum.  

|