Restaurant Closures in BC

Started by Lise, Jul 15 06 07:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

If there is the lettering would be right in front of the door as you come in.

I'll find a pic of the american system.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

In that case, no, there isn't one.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
 what? Purelife you don't like chinese foods? No way.

The only thing that I like is dim sum and really expensive chinese food from real chinese restaurants but there aren't many around here and I can't afford to eat there.  Other than that, the restaurants and food court food SUCKS, imo.

Whenever I'm at the food court, I go for Indian food or Greek.  

Sportsdude

There isn't? Well someone's dropping the ball up there. Because whenever you enter a restaurant that you've never been to you can always look in the front of the main entrance door and it would eiter have a blue A or B or C in front of it. C restuarants are closed down, most or all restuarnts are A and like I've said I've only seen one B and they kinda deserved it but now its an A again.  

Sportsdude

Indian food isn't really big around here as I'd like it to be. There are some greek places but this town is mainly Italian (the famous "The Hill" or now mexican in the suburbs) all the german restaurants are gone for some reason which is a shock since the cities identity has always been a italian/german one.  Chinese food is big only because as I've said before the integration or getting along if you will of North St. Louis Vietnamese and Chinese people with the african american community. (except in the suburbs where that kind of getting along doesn't really exist). I think I've said before that the only other race in this town thats been tried as bad as black community is the vietnamese/chinese group that lived in north st. louis. But then again thats north st. louis and not very many people care about the growing urban slum there.

49er

Sportsdude wrote:
Thanks. But no one has answered my question about health rating restaurants in Canada? Do they have an A,B,C system like the U.S.?[/DIV]
 SD, I don't think this is even adopted in all municipalities in the US.  The only city in this area I know that have adopted this system is San Francisco.

Sportsdude

Really? Because Everywhere I've been (everywhere east of the mississippi, arkansas, kansas, colorado and Washington) have these signs. I thought it was federal health program. I guess not.

Lise

I've never heard of a health standard A,B,C,D set for Canadian restaurants. I don't even know what the policies are with regard to this.

purelife - there are tons of affordable Chinese restaurants around that are kind to your budget. Try Hons on Robson St or Chinatown. The foodcourt at the Crystal Mall is not too bad either. Though you may scorn at the food court meal, the ones created at the Crystal Mall is really good if you know what to order.

Chinese food at western food courts are the pits. I don't really like them either and they're so bad for my diabetes. I believe Chinese food should be cook then and there, not sit in some hot lamp for eons.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Well when I finally make the trek up there some time next year you can show me what real chinese food is like. Because here one of my favourite places (really the only place I've had anything asian) is a buffet that the local papers here called Disney World meets buffet meets asian food.

[A href="http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/entertainment/reviews.nsf/restaurant/story/D25C415E0BD8C57086256FE900325011?OpenDocument"]http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/entertainment/reviews.nsf/restaurant/story/D25C415E0BD8C57086256FE900325011?OpenDocument[/A]

|