Restaurant Closures in BC

Started by Lise, Jul 15 06 07:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

I think I've been to the Chilli Pepper House before. Can't quite remember..... it's a fusion between Indian and Chinese, right? I mean, I love spices and all but the dishes were not to my taste. Dunno. I guess my palate can't quite handle the fusion. Not too bad but then again I'm not a real fan of fusion. I prefer traditional dishes.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I went to the local indi-paki store down the street from me and I got looks like I was the first white guy ever to walk into the store. Everyone stopped and stared. Bought some rice, hottest stuff I'd ever tasted.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Was it good though, SD?

Here's a funny story about a restaurant closure in Richmond a while ago. This guy I know went to a place called Foodie Goodie in Richmond with a friend. They ate there then as they walked out, this dude walked in with a pest tank on his back. Written on the tank was "RODENT CONTROL".

Needless to say they both didn't feel too good afterwards. The restaurant has never since open.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

It was on of those rice packs that don't need water. You just heat it up in microwave. I've got another pack in the pantry. I've put the pack in the "if someone is drunk and is hungry feed him this catagory". Did I like it? No not really it was so hot and spicey that I couldn't take 10 bites of it. I think the stuff burned my nose it was that spicey. Curry man, spiciest stuff I've ever seen.  But the local mexican hot sauce to shame. It was like eating the super hot green stuff that comes with sushi.

Lise

Ah, SD.... you're a wuss. *hehe* Can't handle your spices? I love spices, the spicer the better. If it don't make you sweat, it ain't good nuff.

Next time, eat your rice with milk. The milk should be able to neutralize the spice.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I'll take a picture of it.

Sportsdude

Here's the pics:

[A href="http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=2061ok9"][img alt="Image hosting by TinyPic" src="http://tinypic.com/2061ok8.jpg" border=0][/A]

[A href="http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=2061rgm"][img alt="Image hosting by TinyPic" src="http://tinypic.com/2061rgl.jpg" border=0][/A]

kitten

There used to be a Food Goody on Kingsway that closed dow a few years ago.  I wonder if it was for the same reason.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lise

Heck, I never buy stuff like that, SD. Those are high in carbs and sodium.

Dunno about that, kitten. It could be close for the same reason.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

That's another reason I don't eat out too often.  Most places put way too much salt in their food.

Sportsdude

Sodium yes:

The box says it has 200mg of Sodium in it or 25% of the serving

but calories wise 100 cal

its got rice, onion, potato, redgram dal, tamarind, tomato, salt, coconut, coriander, refined veg. oil, jaggery, cumin, red chilli, coriander leaves, fenugreek, curry leaves, mustard and cinamon.

Developed by the Defence food research laboratory

Ministry of Defence, Mysore, India

Why is the Ministry of Defence making food in India?

kitten

Now that's a hell of a good question!!!

Sportsdude

If you want to mail them or email them its

MTR FOODS LIMITD

No. 80, Bommasandra Indl. Area,

Hebbagodi, Anekal Taluk

Bangalore-560099

they have an email address also but not a website. funny.

kitten

Maybe it's not so strange at that.  I imagine the Ministry of Defence is used to keeping everything secret, including their food products.

Sportsdude

wait, I just realised I have Google Earth. I'm going to see where my rice came from.

|