Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Will keep you informed, and now that's it for today. (P.S. This is how I imagine that you REALLY look).
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

This is me at a much younger age.       [img height=181 src="http://www.cats.alpha.pl/funny/curious.jpg" width=266]

But I appreciate your concept.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

You must have been a beautiful baby.

kitten

My mother thought so, but then she had to, didn't she.

[img height=120 alt="my ramsay he loves the teddys" src="http://www.catclub.net/gallery/images/Teddy%20rams.jpg" width=160 border=0]  

Gopher

Just how many animals (stuffed and otherwise) are there in this picture?

kitten

The cat is real.  All others are props left for her amusement.

Gopher

I should have taken a magnifying glass to the screen.

Incidentally, the books I chose yesterday ere Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald, a massive tome about slavery in the 1720s and a mystery novel.

Big news today is that I picked my first crop of strawberries this morning.

kitten

When I was younger I read many books about slavery in an effort to understand how such a thing could be.  The more I read, the more depressed I became, so I stopped.  I realized there was no sane answer to the inhumanity.  It was bullying on a large scale.  Furthermore, when I found that it was wide-spread throughout the world, then I knew there would never be a solution.

I still prefer science fiction.  At least there is some hope for a better future.  I enjoy mystery novels too.  Robert Parker is one of my favourite authors in that genre.  

Gopher

Every now and then I have a phae of Sci-Fi too, I have boxes of them for sale here and nobody seems to want them: in another month I'll have to give them away.

kitten

Throwing away books????  Sacrilege!  There are many places here where one can donate books, such as hospitals, for example.  Any place where people are shut in, books are the greatest gift.  Or are there charity sales where they could be donated?

Gopher

I said GIVE them away, NOT throw them away - I'm t charitable outlet to which people give all their unwanted things. If I have a surplus or too many things that just won't sell, I pass them on to another concern. Thus, books and clothes and everything else go round and round in an ever-increasing circle.

kitten

Oops!  Sorry about that.  I don't see the screen all that well and sometimes it blurs.  So does my mind, so I don't know which to blame.  Give makes sense.  Will you still keep some back for re-reading?  I have quite a few books that I've read quite a few times.  I put them away for a couple of years, and then go back to them.

Gopher

I have about ten books which I read over and over again - with always a new feeling of enjoyment. I think I may even have them buried with me (just in case).

kitten

Who says you can't take it with you?  Unfortunately I am intending cremation after all the spare parts are removed and re-dealt.  I don't believe in book-burning, so they'll have to stay behind.  I'll likely know them by heart by then.

Gopher

I think I Know some of them by heart already, but isn't it a warm,  cosy feeling when you read something well-loved for the umpteenth time?. Which book do you think you have read the most times?

|