Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

stretchedout

I don't get it... this site is so dead you've got mods talking to each other here?
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

P.C.

We talked to each other long before either of us were mods.  Is that wrong? I never considered that I should stop talking to Kitten when she became a mod.

Why are you so concerned about the way things are here.  Either you like it or you don't like it.

Criticising it on each thread surely won't change a thing.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Glad all went well Kitten.

I have a wireless mouse and keyboard, and I have had to type like I'm in grade one.  A window pops up every 3 or 4 letters (that I have to strike 5 or 6 times each) telling me to replace my batteries.....which I did, but it's still doing the same thing.

kitten

Thanks, P.C.   I tried the wireless  mouse and had so much trouble with it I went back to the other kind.  The batteries kept going dead all the time, so it wasn't worth the convenience of wireless.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Well this is the first time I've had a problem.  And um.....well actually there was no problem.  I paid no attention to what the little window said, and replaced the batteries in the mouse.  It was the keyboard that was screaming for batteries.

All is well now.

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/e058.gif" border=0].

kitten

I figured that I would just tie the wires together at the side of the desk so that they were out of my way.  I'm glad you got the problem solved,  P.C.  Do the mouse and the keyboard take the same batteries?  

P.C.

They each take 2 double A's.

Wires are the bain of my existance.  I cover wrapping paper tubes with fabric and run wires through those so it doesn't look so dreadful.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

kitten

Good idea!  I was taught to take empty toilet paper rolls and fold the wires of appliances in them before putting them away.  Makes it much neater for storing.

P.C.

OMG, that's what I do too.  Speaking of extention cords....lol....well we are now.....We switched ours all out for those ones with the foot button.  Hubby likes this, because I always tuck or hide any and all cords to the lamps, so it's a pain shutting down at night.  Hahahaa.  Pathetic.  Now there's no carefully reaching behind a vase that is strategically placed in front of the switch.  

kitten

Floor buttons sound like a good idea.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a central panel to switch things off from one location?

kitten

I am getting very sleepy.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/g030.gif" border=0]  So I'm off to bed now.  Have a great evening with a good sleep to follow.  See you tomorrow.

Gopher

Still in bed, Kitten?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

No, I was just finishing pureeing some veggie soup for my lady.  I need it for work tomorrow.

Gopher

Ah good, I trust that you had an uniterrupted night's sleep.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

|