Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

This is a wedding that's doomed for certain disaster - I'd rather not go into details about it over the net, but the circumstances are absolutely bizarre.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Perhaps not so enjoyable then, but interesting.nonetheless.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

Gopher wrote:
 This is a wedding that's doomed for certain disaster - I'd rather not go into details about it over the net, but the circumstances are absolutely bizarre. [/DIV]

I know what you mean I've seen my fair share of disasters.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Yes, strange isn't it how some people seem hell-bent to make a mess of their lives? Then again, when you're in love - oh well,  I suppose we all know it.    

kitten

Far too many people are unable to distinguish between love and lust.  By the time they discover the difference, they are married and regretting it.  Next step....divorce court.  Then the cycle begins again.

Gopher

Maybe unrequited love is best?

kitten

Gopher wrote:
 Maybe unrequited love is best?[/DIV]
 I'd rather have no love than suffer through the agony of unrequited love.   I remember, oh so many moons ago, when I had the delusion that one particular person was the "only one".  I got over it, but not without a lot of stress.

Gopher

I suppose so, then again I fondly recall a couple of times - but maybe not quite so fondly nowadays.

Interesting start to the morning here: woke up to find that much to my surprise it wasn't raining  and then minutes later discovered that the main drain was blocked. Have consequently been going through the motions almost the whole morning.    

kitten

So far, I'm getting the idea that this is not the best week you have had at work.  First the rain, and now this!  I take it you are clearing the drain yourself?

Gopher

Yes, but it's now in the past tense - thank heavens.

kitten

Congratulations!  Dirty jobs should always be in the past tense.

Gopher

Unfortunately there are always more lurking in the wings.

kitten

Aren't there, though.  By the way, I did my stress test this morning and survived it all.  I have to wait until mid-June for the results.

Gopher

Well, I hope the results will be good - I've nothing whatsoever until the middle of August (I was given 6 months' 'grace' last time, previously it had been every two months: either I've improved beyond belief or they've given me up as a bad job).  

kitten

I'm sur you've improved for the better, although it is hard to imagine improving on perfection.  Good for you, Gopher.  I wish you many long and happy years of curiousity, and the means to learn the answers.

|