Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

My problem is that in order to talk to girls you got to go to parties or what not because my generation I'd of asking someone out is by 'hooking up' at parties then afterwards saying 'how's lunch'.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

No need to go to parties to meet people, just go on holiday alone - it works wonders.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Gopher wrote:
 Gopher is exactly the opposite as far as party-going is concerned, he's out of the door before it's even closed behind him.[/DIV]
 [FONT color=#7f007f]Kitten avoids parties like the plague!  I don't get lonely, because I enjoy being by myself, with my cat, of course.  I like being able to communicate this way, because I don't have to reply immediately.  People take up valuable time that could be spent reading.  Besides, there are few people I trust in a social situation.  Most of them look for ways you can be of use to them instead of offering friendship for its own sake.  I used to be a trusting soul at one time, but some nasty people cured me of that.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#7f007f][/FONT]

[FONT color=#7f007f]By the way, Sportsdude, women are just people, not gigantic aliens or anything.  Nothing to be worried about.  As I mentioned before, if you act confident, women will be drawn to you.  You just have to like yourself.  You tend to be your own worst critic, but all people have imperfections.  When you meet women, don't expect instant romance or it will turn into a disaster.  Just be friendly....that's all it takes.[/FONT]
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

thanks kitten.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

kitten wrote:
Gopher wrote:
 Gopher is exactly the opposite as far as party-going is concerned, he's out of the door before it's even closed behind him.[/DIV]
 [FONT color=#7f007f]Kitten avoids parties like the plague!  I don't get lonely, because I enjoy being by myself, with my cat, of course.  I like being able to communicate this way, because I don't have to reply immediately.  People take up valuable time that could be spent reading [FONT color=#bf005f](or doing crosswords?)[/FONT]  Besides, there are few people I trust in a social situation.  Most of them look for ways you can be of use to them instead of offering friendship for its own sake.  I used to be a trusting soul at one time, but some nasty people cured me of that. [/FONT][FONT color=#bf005f]Most of this paragraph could describe me (a natural loner), apart from the fact that I'm once more a trusting soul - and enjoying it! - And also happier outdoors than in.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#bf005f][/FONT]

[FONT color=#bf005f]B[/FONT][FONT color=#7f007f]y the way, Sportsdude, women are just people, not gigantic aliens or anything.  Nothing to be worried about.  As I mentioned before, if you act confident, women will be drawn to you.  You just have to like yourself.  You tend to be your own worst critic, but all people have imperfections.  When you meet women, don't expect instant romance or it will turn into a disaster.  Just be friendly....that's all it takes.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#c00000]To Sportsdude:[/FONT]

[FONT color=#c00000]Learning to like yourself can be very hard going at times -  however we like you, so that should be something for you to build on.[/FONT]

TehBorken

Gopher wrote:  [font style="font-style: italic;" color="#bf005f"]B[/font][font color="#7f007f"]y the way, Sportsdude, women are just people, not gigantic aliens or anything.

[span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"]Oh c'mon. They are too.[/span]
[/font]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

TehBorken wrote:
Gopher wrote:   [FONT style="FONT-STYLE: italic" color=#bf005f]B[/FONT][FONT color=#7f007f][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]y the way, Sportsdude, women are just people, not gigantic aliens or anything. [/SPAN]

[SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)"]Oh c'mon. They are too.[/SPAN]
[/FONT]
Okay, I just didn't want to scare him!  It's hard to gaze into their eyes when they have so many of them so just pick two and concentrate.

Gopher

How does one make the selection - when they have so many eyes? What criteria would you recommend?

kitten

The best way is to choose the ones closest to you.  Otherwise pick the two brightest eyes, especially if they are lavender.

Gopher

Lavender? Hmm.

On an entirely different subject, I think I omitted Lilies of the Valley from my list of plants that would do well in shade. They are either a) very difficult to grow or b) super easy and  (as in the case of mine) will spread like wildfire. The scent, I take it, you know already.

kitten

Lilies of the Valley sound perfect for some areas.  What a great help you are!  Thank you.  They will go on my list, and with luck I'll have a lovely garden this year.  I noticed that azaleas will grow in part sun, so I'll give those a go too.

Gopher

Oh yes, most definitely. I'd also thought of azaleas but it kept going out of my head.

kitten

I have some plants that grow anywhere, including in the mouldy area with the horrible soil.  They have spiky dark green leaves, and produce several clusters of small black berries.  I don't know what they are, and was wondering, based on this limited description, if you might have some idea of what they might be.  They grow about three-quarters of a foot each year.

P.C.

When I was a kid, my dad had the whole side of the house where the walkway was to the back door SOLID with lily of the valley.  It's a fragrance I still adore.  When Dad passed away, I dug up a few to bring to my home to have a 'little piece of childhood and dad'.  Well, I never got it planted, with so much going on during that time.

A year later, the bucket that they were in, was full of stagnent water and sludge.  I wept that I had neglected to care for this 'piece of home' and dumped the bucket of soupy water into the garden.  The following spring, I wept again, when I saw the beautiful little spikes of chartruese poking through the soil. They have spread slowly yet strongly in my front garden over the years, even coming up through the rock and mortar pathway I made so many years ago.  They are my most favourite thing.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

How lovely, P.C.  I'm glad that piece of home survived for you.

|