Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Oh Kitten......I'm SO sorry.  I've totally misread your message.  I didn't realise you were saying goodbye to Spooky yesterday....I thought that you were just given the news.  How very sad for you both.  He was one lucky kitty to have spent time with YOU.

[TABLE cellPadding=2 width=390 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD width=582] [P style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center][FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#008080 size=5][SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-size: 13.5pt"][A name=top][/A]A Cat's Prayer
[/SPAN][/FONT]

[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE] [TABLE cellPadding=2 width=390 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD vAlign=top width=367] [FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]If it should be, that I grow frail and weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then, you must do what must be done
For this, the last battle, can't be won.

Don't let your grief stay your hand,
For this day more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We've had so many years,

What is to come can hold no fear.
You'd not want me to suffer, so
When the time comes, please let me go.
Take me where my needs they'll tend,

Only, stay with me to the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you'll see it is a kindness
     you do for me

Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.
Don't grieve... it should be you, who this thing
     decides to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years,

Don't let your heart hold any tears.
Smile, for we walked together for awhile.
 [/FONT]

[FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]~author unknown [/FONT]

[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

Thank you so much, P.C.  That poem is so beautiful.  I can't thank you enough for sending it to me just when I needed it most.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

How old was Spooky?
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

You're so welcome Kitten.  It sure doesn't help the sadness, but it helps a wee bit to know you did the best for him til the end. (he knows it too).    

kitten

He was 16 years old.  Unfortunately, when a cat's kidneys begin to fail there is no hope of recovery.  If there was such a thing as dialysis for cats I would have gotten it for him.  

kitten

After my eye surgery I will start looking for another cat companion.  Nothing would replace Spooky, but there are other adult cats that desperately need adoption.  Life alone is no fun at all.  In my opinion, a home needs a cat to make it truly a home.

Sportsdude

Oh no. Angel's got kidney problems I think but its mainly dehydration or something like that. She doesn't drink enough water.  

Sportsdude

What kind of cat was Spooky?  

kitten

Spooky didn't drink much water either.  I think that is one of the key indicators that the kidney is failing.  If you see her appetite starting to drop please get her checked.  The vet slowed down the failure to some extent by giving electrolyte injections three times a week, but eventually even that wasn't enough.  If that is the diagnosis, please be kind to her and let her go so she won't suffer.  I held Spooky in my arms until his final breath so he went knowing he was loved.  

kitten

He was a pure black domestic shorthair.  Tall and lean.

Sportsdude

Oh gosh thats tough. I saw that on animal planet channel and I cried for hours.

Angel's getting better she's gained weight. Well I would too since she was basically ignored for about 6 months alone at the other house. (We had Tigger he just went through all that surgery he was sick plus he hadn't had any shots so he could have gotten Angel sick).

Angel used to be just fur and bones but I think she's gained weight. She looks healthier but she's still anorexic she's always been really thin. She used to have this big clump of fat below her belly that would sway back and forth when she ran but that went away and now its starting to come back (thats good). I think because Tiggers around eating she eats.

P.C.

I feel the same about a cat making home, a home.  I went without a cat for two years after losing PC, and I don't know what took me so long.  With this goofy old fella that I have now, he makes me understand that there was no need to wait.  

kitten

I'm sure that watching Tigger provides an incentive for her.  She wouldn't want him to get all the food.  Her kidneys may have been damaged by the former abuse, but that doesn't mean they are failing.  You know that if you could give her a good brushing every day it would really hlep her fur and stimulate her skin, as well as cut down on the shedding.  After all, she will have to come into the house when it gets cold out.  

kitten

That's so true, P.C.  Just because Spooky is gone doesn't mean I should deprive myself of another cat that needs a home as much as my home needs a cat.

Sportsdude

Well we've got two despensers of cat food and they both get empty now which wasn't the case when it was just Angel. Although Angels is still not the emptiest she does eat. I don't think she wieghs 4.5 pounds anymore. I think she's up to like 5 something now which to her anyway (she's always has been skinny) is a lot of weight.

Although both cat food dispensers were raided by Ozzie a couple of days ago. Cats weren't happy.

|