China harvesting organs from Falun Gong members

Started by Lise, Jul 06 06 09:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

I saw the headlines today. WHAT A FRACKEN WORLD we live in when something like this happens.

[H3]China involved in harvesting organs: Cdn. report[/H3] [P class=timeStamp]Updated Tue. Jul. 4 2006 11:25 PM ET

[P class=storyAttributes]CTV.ca News Staff

A Canadian report, set for release Thursday, will support accusations that China is harvesting the vital organs of imprisoned Falun Gong dissidents, CTV News has learned.

Siding with critics of the Chinese government, former Liberal MP David Kilgour is now convinced that controversial allegations of organ harvesting are true.

"They take both kidneys, then the heart and the skin and the corneas and the liver, and your body is then thrown in the incinerator," Kilgour said.

Falun Gong, a quasi-religious movement that's outlawed in China, claims thousands of their imprisoned members have been murdered with their vital organs taken out to supply a booming trade in transplants.

Backed by MPs from all parties, Kilgour and human rights lawyer David Matas agreed to investigate the allegations in May.

"I don't think anyone can have any doubt that this unbelievable practice is continuing," Kilgour said of his findings.

As evidence, the former MP points to transcripts of phone calls to Chinese doctors, with Falun Gong supporters posing as rich foreigners looking for a transplant.

One transcript reads:

"Do you have Falun Gong organ suppliers?"

"We used to have, yes."

"What about now?"

"Yes."

Kilgour outlined how much the organs can fetch on the black market.

"$62,000 for a kidney, $98,000 to $130,000 for a liver," he said.

The Chinese deny the allegations, insisting that Kilgour has been duped by Falun Gong.

"These allegations are based on lies," Chinese diplomat Zhang Weidong said.

The UN and Amnesty International are also investigating but neither has come up with enough solid evidence to reach the same conclusion as Kilgour.

"Right now, it's insufficient (the evidence) for us to confirm or deny these allegations," said Amnesty International's Alain Roy.

At the launch of the investigation last May, Matas said the plan was to "interview personally whatever witnesses are available in North America," and to ask the Chinese government to grant Kilgour and him visas so that they could investigate in China.

It is unclear if they actually visited China as their initial request did not garner a response by the Chinese embassy.

Kilgour and Matas plan to hand their report to the government on Thursday along with recommendations for diplomatic pressure and sanctions on China.

With a report from CTV's Roger Smith

[FONT size=1]Source: [/FONT][A href="http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060703/MP_organs_060703/20060704?hub=Canada"][FONT size=1]http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060703/MP_organs_060703/20060704?hub=Canada[/FONT][/A]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

And what did the Falun Gong ever do to hurt anyone?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

That's the whole point, Gopher. I don't think they did anything other than practise their religion. The Chinese government sees them as a threat because they will not conform to the rules handed out by the communist regime.

At any rate, I don't really know much about Falun Gong, only that that they seem to be a peaceful religion.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Adam_Fulford

Lise wrote:
That's the whole point, Gopher. I don't think they did anything other than practise their religion. The Chinese government sees them as a threat because they will not conform to the rules handed out by the communist regime.

At any rate, I don't really know much about Falun Gong, only that that they seem to be a peaceful religion. [/DIV]
   While I abhor the treatment of Falun Gong practictioners, I feel a need to point out that a cult's merits or lack thereof is not the issue; the paramount issue is the brutal attack against freedom of religion.

(Falun Gong is, in fact, an absurd and foolish cult with ridiculous beliefs -- some of them racist.  Sort of in the same vein that Scientology is.)    

Lise

Hey Adam, do you know anything else about Falun Gong? What do they preach and so forth?
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

They sound cultish.

[A href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong#Differences_between_Falun_Gong_and_other_beliefs"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong#Differences_between_Falun_Gong_and_other_beliefs[/A]
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Some Chick

This does not suprise me in the least.  This is the same country that used tanks and guns to kill peaceful demonstrators in 1989.  They should still be shunned by the world.  If they had some f*cking oil, they'd have the US trying to school them.  Since they didn't, BFD.  Slap on some embargos and call 'er a day.

Sportsdude

The reason the U.S. has never attacked North Korea and never will is that China will back them up leading into WW3.

North Korea knows if it ever attacked anyone the little country would be gone in about 5 mins due to a nuclear strike.  But yeah China still has a horrible human rights record but then again if you look at everything the U.S. does too.

Adam_Fulford

Some Chick wrote:
This does not suprise me in the least.  This is the same country that used tanks and guns to kill peaceful demonstrators in 1989.  They should still be shunned by the world.  If they had some f*cking oil, they'd have the US trying to school them.  Since they didn't, BFD.  Slap on some embargos and call 'er a day.

China has huge oil reserves, in Xinjiang and Tibet.  Several factors prevent the corrupt sociopathic morons in power in the US from going to war with China, including China's formidable military capabilities and US economic dependence on China (almost everything you're wearing or using was probably manufactured in China).  

Sportsdude

It also has to do with North Korea. We act N. Korea we are basically asking China to attack us causing WW3.

Adam_Fulford

China is embarrassed by North Korea.

Sportsdude

No shit they are. China wants N.Korea to go in its direction when it comes to capitalism and so does South Korea, sadly this North Korea won't become the next China until Il is gone.