Picassa....anybody use it ?

Started by P.C., May 31 07 06:01

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

I loaded Picassa back when it first came out, loaded up all my pics.....and put some in a 'Hidden Folder', which requires a password to open.  I haven't used the program for a long LONG time.  Recently, I was looking for some photos that seem to have disappeared,  remembered Picassa and had a browse through all the photos there...... no luck finding what I was looking for.

Then I found the Hidden Folder (which I had forgotten all about) but can NOT for the life of me remember the password.  I tried everything.  Well....almost everything.

So the problem is, I can't find anywhere on Picassa's website that deals with this issue, and it isn't in the help topics.  Well it IS, but all it says, is that you can change the password, but naturally you need the old one to do it.

Any suggestions?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

I don't know what Picassa is, but I'm having trouble with IncrediMail.  It says to run the program, and when it stops press run again.  When I try to do it the computer asks if I want to run the program which signals the end of the run.  Then I tried to download again, but it says to click the Jpeg icon which is on the desk, but I can't get to it because when I try the outlook box shuts down.  Now I'm losing folders in my Outlook Express and I'm going nuts.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Sorry I can't help Kitten....I have no experience with Incredimail.  

kitten

I hope some knowledgeable person can come up with a solution for both of us.

P.C.

Me too.[SPAN class=smalltext]
[/SPAN]

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL][/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]on[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]any[/TD] [TD]e[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT size=10 name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

????

[img id=fetchSessionTemp alt="" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/Themes/default/images/blank.gif"] lol....wrong thread

kitten

Sportsdude

I had picassa. But I think I know who to ask. I'll see if I can find an answer.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

I think this person should know something.  

P.C.

[FONT color=#ff007f size=6]SOMEBODY HEPP ME [/FONT]

[FONT color=#ff007f size=6][/FONT]

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]es[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]acc[/TD] [TD]s[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT size=10 value=access name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

[FONT color=#bf005f size=6][img id=fetchSessionTemp alt="" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/Themes/default/images/blank.gif"] MY FILES [FONT color=#ff007f]!!!!!![/FONT][/FONT]

Sportsdude

I'm trying to find someone.  

Spiderman

http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=15662&topic=1142

[font size="-0"] How do I clear my passwords in Picasa? [/font]

[/p][div class="i"] While there is no way to retrieve a forgotten password, there is a file that you can delete which will clear any passwords you have set for collections in Picasa.

Make sure Picasa is closed before proceeding with these instructions.

Run a search for: catdata_info.pmp

1. Click "Start."
 2. Click "Search."
 3. Click "All Files and Folders."
 4. Make sure the search is set to "Look in:" Local Hard Drive (C:).
 5. Click "More Advanced Options" to check the "Search Hidden Files and Folders."
 6. In the "All or part of file name" field, enter: catdata_info.pmp
 7. Click "Search."

Windows will find "catdata_info.pmp." Just right-click it to select "Delete", then click "Yes." When you open Picasa again, none of the Collections including Hidden folders will require a password to access.

Note: These instructions are specifically for Windows XP Search. They should be easily altered to fit a Windows 98 or ME search. [/div]

P.C.

[FONT size=5]Thanks Spidey[/FONT]......I'll give it a try.

P.C.

It didn't work.  I followed your instructions very carefully.  No luck.

Edit:  I stand corrected.  I tried it again,

AND IT WORKED !!!!!!!!

[FONT size=6]Thanks Spidey.....yer the best !!!!!  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/a010.gif" border=0][/FONT]

[FONT size=6][/FONT]

PS.....please check your PM's