Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

The Image of the City- Kevin Lynch

Really easy quick read. Half way through in more or less 3hrs of reading. (I read slow)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Finished reading the first Twilight book and am on the second one.

Gopher

The Bellini Madonna - Elizabeth Lowry  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Eclipse - 3rd book of the Twilight series.  I dunno if I want to finish this one.  

Lise

OMG. We're so alike, purelife. I'm on New Moon. Must admit, I am getting a tad bored with the book already.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Lise wrote:
OMG. We're so alike, purelife. I'm on New Moon. Must admit, I am getting a tad bored with the book already.

I agree.  The 2nd book was very boring.  I know that she's a teen writer but the story just drags on and on and on......  but I finally finished it.  I kinda started on the 3rd one, but I can already predict what is going to happen.  You going to finish the entire series?

Lil Me

I'm about 1/2 way through the 2nd book.  Haven't read for about 2 weeks, due to life getting in the way.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

I am going to try to finish the entire series.

And oh man, do I have a big crush on Edward. *sigh*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Have any of you ladies watched Twilight yet?  And planning to watch New Moon?

I personally prefer seeing Miss Bella with Jacob rather than Edward.  :)

Lise

Yes. I watched Twilight en route to Hong Kong. I wasn't impressed but the boy did look yummy. I bit pale for my liking (I much prefer darker men) but then again he's a vampyr so it's not a surprise.

Not sure about New Moon. Maybe I will.... if I can stomach the screaming tweens.

I'm beginning to think Bella should go out with Jacob. I mean, c'mon... why the frack did Edward have to leave her? Insensitive jerk.  
Bill Cosby.

purelife

LOL Lise.

The only thing that appeals to me about the Edward character is his voice.  I'm about half way in the 3rd book and so far, it's quite interesting, at least more so than the 2nd.  I heard the 4th one is boring.  And that the writer is re-writing the 5th book because her final book was leaked to the internet and some guy read it so she is re-writing it and killing some characters on the way.  It's a rumor, so who knows.

Lise

I like Edward's eyes and how they change depending on his mood. *scream*

ORLY? Stephanie Meyers is thinking about writing the fifth book? That's crazy but heck, I can't wait to read it. Maybe she'll turn Bella into a vampire at last. Wouldn't that be great?

OK. I officially need to get out more.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Ah yes, I forgot about those eyes......

Apparently she already wrote her 5th book but since the internet leak, she's going to re-write it....again!!  I wasn't sure if I worded it correctly at my last post.  

I just know people who are more of a fanatic about the Twilight series than I am.  

Lise

I've three co-workers at work who are Twilight fans so we spend the hours just chatting about Edward and Jacob. So far, Jacob's been winning the post of hottest character. Hehe.

Have you seen the New Moon trailer, purelife? It looks sooo good.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Yup, sure have, Lise.  I could already tell that things are a bit different from the book when Jacob turned into a wolf (in the trailer) to attack Laurent.  The book is much different.  I won't be watching it in theatres though.  You?

Oh, and even MrPL is going to read the book too.  He's just thinking about skipping book one and heading to book two.

|