AOL won't deliver emails that criticize AOL

Started by TehBorken, Apr 14 06 06:46

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[h3]AOL won't deliver emails that criticize AOL         [/h3] Opponents of AOL's proposed email tax -- which will charge $0.025 to "guarantee delivery" of email to AOL customers -- are being censored by AOL, which is blocking emails containing the URL [a href="http://dearaol.com"]dearaol.com[/a], an activist site for people who want to petition AOL to reconsider its actions. [blockquote]AOL is blocking delivery to AOL customers of all emails that include a link to www.DearAOL.com. Today, over 100 people who signed a petition to AOL tried sending messages to their AOL-using friends, and received a bounce-back message informing them that their email "failed permanently." "The fact is, ISPs like AOL commonly make these kinds of arbitrary decisions -- silently banning huge swathes of legitimate mail on the flimsiest of reasons - every day, and no-one hears about it," said Danny O'Brien, of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, "AOL's planned CertifiedEmail system would let them profit from this power by offering to charge legitimate mailers to bypass these malfunctioning filters." [/p][/blockquote]  [a href="http://www.eff.org/news/archives/2006_04.php#004556"]Link[/a]  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

A trifle touchy, are they?      
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

tenkani

I've never understood the appeal of AOL.

A friend of mine had it way back when.

It was shit then; it's shit now.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

P.C.

We put a nix on it in '93.  What's the attraction.....what did we miss ????
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.