Anti-Depressants and Neuro-Transmitters

Started by tmapj, Apr 08 06 01:26

Previous topic - Next topic

tmapj

Hi. This post is about anti depressants and the neuro transmitters they act on.

I'm 20 years old. I've been tried on several anti depressants in my life. Out of all that I've been tried on, Remeron (mirtazapine) seems the most effective with the least dangerous side effects. There is, however, one serious drawback: continuous weight gain. Because of this, I'm looking for another medication similar to Remeron, that acts on both serotonin and norepinephrine. I've been tried one[span style="text-decoration: underline;"][/span] Effexor and had a scary reaction, rapid heart-beat, so I don't really want to try any medications related to Effexor. The tricyclics seem a good possibility, but what about those unplesant side effects. Dry mouth, blurry vision, etc., no thanks.

My question is: What else is there? Is there a medication or combination of medications that might work?

On another note, Reboxetine, which works on yet another neruro-transmitter, noradrenaline, seems promising also. Are there other medications that work on this neuro-transmitter? Can these medications be used in combinations with other anti-depressants?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Submit reply or email [email protected]

Thanks.