President Bush Misses His Cue-Cards

Started by TehBorken, Apr 08 06 09:43

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

The dolt can't even remember what the hell he's supposed to be talking about!!
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]  [font face="Verdana,Sans-serif"][font color="black" size="2"]CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Cameras were rolling. Microphones were on. President Bush stepped up to comment on a Senate compromise on immigration legislation.[/font][/font][/p] [font face="Verdana,Sans-serif"][font color="black" size="2"]Wait. Was it energy or immigration?[/font][/font][/p] [font face="Verdana,Sans-serif"][font color="black" size="2"]Maybe Bush had rising gas prices on his mind when he said he was pleased that Republicans and Democrats were working together to get a bipartisan, comprehensive "energy" bill.[/font][/font][/p] [font face="Verdana,Sans-serif"][font color="black" size="2"]Realizing his mistake, he stopped and called for a Take 2.[/font][/font][/p] [font face="Verdana,Sans-serif"][font color="black" size="2"]"Let me start over," Bush said, standing next to Air Force One.[/font][/font][/p] [font face="Verdana,Sans-serif"][font color="black" size="2"]Bush, often the first to admit that he's not a great orator, got it right the second time.[/font][/font][/p] [font face="Verdana,Sans-serif"][font color="black" size="2"]"I'm pleased that Republicans and Democrats in the United States Senate are working together to get a comprehensive 'immigration' bill," Bush said. "I want to thank the efforts of those involved in the process. ..." [/font][/font]  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Trollio

[span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"]And then there's his eloquent response to Harry Taylor:[/span][br style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"] [br style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"] [font face="arial, helvetica, sans serif" size="2"][span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"]THE PRESIDENT:   I'm going to start off with what you first said, if you don't mind, you said that I tap your phones -- I think that's what you said.  You tapped your phone -- I tapped your phones.  Yes.  No, that's right.   Yes, no, let me finish.[/span]

[span style="font-family: verdana;"]Feeling more secure now?[/span]
 [/font]  
one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

P.C.

Yipes !!!!   It's frightening that the man can't put together a coherent sentence.  Two sentences, and he needs a rest.  I'm afeared.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]I'm afeared.[/div]
Yup. And let's not forget this gem, either:  Yeah, the guy is great at presidentiating and strateregizering.
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
[span]WOMAN IN AUDIENCE:  "I don't really understand. How is the new plan going to fix the problem?"[/span]    [span][/span]     [span]PRESIDENT BUSH:  (verbatim response)  "Because the -- all which is on the table begins to address the big cost drivers. For example, how benefits are calculated, for example, is on the table.Whether or not benefits rise based upon wage increases or price increases. There's a series of parts of the formula that are being considered. And when you couple that, those different cost drivers, affecting those -- changing those with personal accounts, the idea is to get what has been promised more likely to be -- or closer delivered to that has been promised. Does that make any sense to you? It's kind of muddled. Look, there's a series of things that cause the -- like, for example, benefits are calculated based upon the increase of wages, as opposed to the increase of prices. Some have suggested that we calculate -- the benefits will rise based upon inflation, supposed to wage increases. There is a reform that would help solve the red if that were put into effect. In other words, how fast benefits grow, how fast the promised benefits grow, if those -- if that growth is affected, it will help on the red." [/span]

TehBorken

Trollio wrote:[br style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"] [font face="arial, helvetica, sans serif" size="2"][span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0); font-style: italic;"]THE PRESIDENT:   I'm going to start off with what you first said, if you don't mind, you said that I tap your phones -- I think that's what you said.  You tapped your phone -- I tapped your phones.  Yes.  No, that's right.   Yes, no, let me finish.[/span]

Yeah, I tapped my own phone so I could spy on myself just in case I was breaking the law. I found I was, so then I confessed to myself and sentenced myself to a long term in prison. I'm going to ask myself for a parole hearing where I can state my case to myself. Maybe I'll have mercy on me and let myself out early.

[span style="font-family: verdana; font-style: italic;"]Feeling more secure now?[/span]
 [/font]  
 Oh yeah, muuuuuuuuuch more secure. lol

P.C.

[FONT face=Arial size=2]Yeah, I tapped my own phone so I could spy on myself just in case I was breaking the law. I found I was, so then I confessed to myself and sentenced myself to a long term in prison. I'm going to ask myself for a parole hearing where I can state my case to myself. Maybe I'll have mercy on me and let myself out early.[/FONT]

[FONT face=Arial size=2][/FONT]

[FONT face=Arial size=2][/FONT]

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.