Fun With Telephone Solicitors

Started by TehBorken, Jan 08 14 01:17

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Quizzing telemarketers - my new hobby.

After being unable to get rid of telemarketers through a variety of cruel and abusive techniques, I've decided to put them on the spot.

When they call now first I haggle over the price. When they fail to satisfy me (lol) I tell them if they can answer 3 questions, I will purchase their services. I also tell them that if they get within 10% of the right answer (or close, for non-numeric questions) I'll consider it a correct answer. None of them have ever managed to answer a single on correctly, even with the 10% fudge-factor. I tell them that if I hear them Googling the answer, I'll hang up. Also, there's a time limit to prevent cheating. The trick questions are just for fun and don't count. Some of the questions I ask are as follows:

What is the depth of Mariana trench?
(36,201 feet OR 11,034 meters OR 7 miles)

Approximately how many people are killed by kangaroos yearly?
(about 42)

Approximately how many people are killed by hippopotamuses yearly?
(about 2900)

What is the speed of sound at sea level?
(343.2 meters per second OR 1,126 ft/s)

What's the difference between a novel and a book?
(A novel is a book that tells a story, and is usually read for pleasure. A novel is a book, but a book is not necessarily a novel. A book could be a textbook, a children's book, a picture book, etc.)

Approximately how many humans are killed by lightning yearly?
(about 24,000)

TRICK QUESTION: If I have 10 apples and I eat one, and then you take the rest, what do you have?
(Answer: 2 broken arms. No one takes my &$%^%@! apples, BITCH!)

If you make over a million dollars in one year, do you have to pay taxes on it?
(Answer: Nope. General Electric didn't, anyway.)

TRICK QUESTION: If a plane carrying Chinese citizens crashes EXACTLY on the US/Canadian border, where do they bury the survivors?
(Answer: they don't bury survivors, lol)

How many members of the House Of Representatives are there?
(435)

What does the 24th Amendment to the Constitution do?
Answer: It prohibits both Congress and the states from conditioning the right to vote in federal elections on payment of a poll tax or other types of tax.

You're the pilot of an airplane that travels from New York to Chicago - a distance of 800 miles. The airplane travels at 200 m.p.h. and makes one stop for 30 minutes. What is the pilot's name?
(Think about it.... lol)

If a duck came floating down the Mekong River, where would it have come from?
(From a duck's egg. Duh.)

What do you call a person who doesn't have all of his/her fingers on one hand?
(Answer: normal. No normal person has ALL their fingers on one hand.)

Do you say "Loo-iss-vill" is the capital of Kentucky, or do you say "Loo-ee-vill" is the capital of Kentucky?
(You say "Frankfort" is the capital of Kentucky.)

Some months have 31 days, others have 30 days. How many have 28 days?
(ALL of them have 28 days... lol)
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.