Rick Perry Sets A New Youtube Record

Started by TehBorken, Dec 11 11 08:41

Previous topic - Next topic

DDD

All your arguments fall apart when examined critically, DDD. Face it- the idea of gay people makes you uncomfortable...and that's okay. No one says you have to be comfortable with everything. But if you think that by ignoring them or not discussing them they'll magically go away or cease to be a part of everyday life, you're in for a rough ride.

U are assuming this.

I am just saying that what gives anybody the right to force their views on this subject to anyone.

And yes it's their views only. You have this ahole with his view and you have others with there's.

And as for school it was there to teach the basic fundaments, math, writing etc..........but now is being used more for political, social issues and some self-serving issues as being done in our school system by teachers pushing their agenda onto the minds of the students plus pushing them towards the NDP.

I do not think this should be allowed until the person is old enough to fully understand. Teachers are persons of authority of kids and their minds and can have biases view.

Just so u know I have a cousin that is a gay and a friend that is a lesbian. But all you (minority of) people know what is best for all of us and heaven forbid that the majority disagrees.

He who makes the most noise gets looked after maybe it's about time the majority said no to some of the things being rammed down our throats.

Now having said that I do not really care about any of this just tired of being told what I can or cannot do by others in general just pisses me off.  >:(

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 14 11 01:32
Sure. As long as religion isn't taught as though it's fact, I don't care. But praying in school? Nope, take it out back.
What difference does that make? People know if they commit murder, they will go to prison.... that's a fact and yet people are killed against their will everyday. I think everyone who practices some type of religion knows it's about beliefs. If religion is going to be an alternative course and praying is apart of that religion... then yes it should be added. A math teacher wouldn't leave out numbers while teaching their course.

QuoteThey certainly do learn about being straight, it's called "Health Class" and they learn all about their bodies, and they do indeed cover the part about where babies really come from. :)
That's just basic facts. Has been since day one. To doom everyone "homophobic" over body mechanics is crazy. We can't help that our bodies are made to do certain things. As a man, your body does things mine isn't meant to. Suddenly that's unfair and homophobic?

QuoteMy son has taken the "Health" class course in public school just like millions of other high school students. So actually, they do learn about being straight.
So when this "health" class taught your son the technical aspects of child bearing, did you take it upon yourself to talk to him about homosexual intercourse and everything that comes with that?

QuoteI have no idea what you're going on about. The issue is not about Santa or the Easter Bunny,
It is when you rant about not teaching fairy tales in schools. You can't ban some and not all.
Quoteit's about teaching the fact that gay people exist as part of the Health class curriculum.
I agree. The correct way to have sex and safety should be taught for all sexual orientations in health class.

Natasha

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 15 11 09:21
I'm not afraid of my child learning about any of these things (gays, bisexuals, necrophilia,  bestiality, cross dressing, etc). He's going to learn about them at some point (if he hasn't already).

I'd much rather he get some sort of truthful, reliable information on any of these subjects in a structured setting than to "learn" about them via gossip, innuendo, and half-baked stories passed along from people that don't really have any idea what they're talking about.

So step up and teach him! What more reliable source than his parent?

QuoteIn the end it won't matter...your children are going to learn about these subjects one way or another.

True. So why not start at home?

QuoteNo one says you have to be comfortable with everything.

And no one says you have to wave a rainbow flag in order to be comfortable with anything. And since you mentioned comfort, why is it you'll allow a school to teach your son what you are so clearly uncomfortable with teaching him yourself? You're a smart man. What you don't know through experience you can learn through research. So really, you have no excuses.

Quoteyou're in for a rough ride.

:D :D

DDD

No one says you have to be comfortable with everything.

And no one says you have to wave a rainbow flag in order to be comfortable with anything.

This is what i do not get why gay people feel the need to do this

TehBorken

Quote from: Natasha on Dec 15 11 04:06
So step up and teach him! What more reliable source than his parent?

True. So why not start at home?

What makes you think we haven't discussed this?
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

TehBorken

Quote from: Natasha on Dec 15 11 03:25The correct way to have sex and safety should be taught for all sexual orientations in health class.

And that's what I've been saying.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Natasha

Quote from: DDD on Dec 15 11 04:46
No one says you have to be comfortable with everything.

And no one says you have to wave a rainbow flag in order to be comfortable with anything.

This is what i do not get why gay people feel the need to do this
Some do it to help raise awareness. It also shows what a person takes pride in. Just like when someone wears the jersey of their fav football team.

Natasha

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 15 11 09:28
What makes you think we haven't discussed this?
The way you're pouting  (lol)  and trying to push the school system to step up. Honestly, if you feel that strongly about it... start bitching to the school boards and work your way up. Complaining to us isn't going to change anything for your son, his health class or anyone other student for that matter.

Natasha

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 15 11 09:29
And that's what I've been saying.
You've been saying that and more...... the "more", is what I still don't agree with, btw.

DDD

Quote from: Natasha on Dec 16 11 01:20
You've been saying that and more...... the "more", is what I still don't agree with, btw.

women never agree  ;D