RAIN

Started by DDD, Jun 02 11 04:39

Previous topic - Next topic

DDD

Just how much longer is this crappy rain / weather going to go on for???  I have had enoght....FFS
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Lil Me

LOL.  Dress for it and it won't stop you!
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Natasha

Isn't raining here  :)

Have gotten a lot of outdoor stuff done over the past few weeks.

Cut down a tree

painted the house

put down a new stone walk way

installed solar powered lights

started a flower garden

built new steps to the porch

threw down some grass seed

mowed/ weedeated

and am looking for someone to do some bulldozing work so I can put in a new pool.

I love warm weather  :)    

Natasha

Oh yeah, I also cleaned a bunch out a part of the patio and the dairy building. Still have lots to do with that but it'll get done eventually....I hope!

purelife

That's some list of great accomplishments, Natasha!  

I am very happy to have the sun for the weekend.  We're hitting the beach before the game.  

Sportsdude

I'm tired of the heat, but I can't take the rain due to flooding. So I'll trade you cool weather for heat producing thunderstorms (which is what you'd get if you traded the cool temps but kept the rain.)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

DDD

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]Well we finally had sun all weekend long and I bet there are a lot of people sporting sun burns today – like me!

Natasha

purelife wrote:
That's some list of great accomplishments, Natasha!  

I am very happy to have the sun for the weekend.  We're hitting the beach before the game.  

Thanks a bunch. Got more stuff done yesterday..yay! Still have more to do this evening *sigh* I'm not feeling so yay about it buuut it's gotta be done either way.

So happy you all got a wonderful weekend. Don't forget your sunblock.

Natasha

Sportsdude wrote:
I'm tired of the heat, but I can't take the rain due to flooding. So I'll trade you cool weather for heat producing thunderstorms (which is what you'd get if you traded the cool temps but kept the rain.)

I'll take that trade but you have to throw in a rainbow, directly over my home, at least once a month for the next 3months. Do we have a deal?  

purelife

I never used to burn so didn't put sunscreen on my back.  Dumb move, I know.  I'm regretting it.  Lesson Learnt!

DDD

Natasha wrote:
 Isn't raining here  :)

Cut down a tree - poor tree

painted the house - what colour

put down a new stone walk way - stoned walk

installed solar powered lights - now you can see in the dark

started a flower garden - those for the stoned walk

built new steps to the porch - nice

threw down some grass seed - again for the stoned walk

mowed/ weedeated - weed need i say more

and am looking for someone to do some bulldozing work so I can put in a new pool. - what you rich

I love warm weather  :) - me tooooooooooo    

Natasha

purelife wrote:
 I never used to burn so didn't put sunscreen on my back.  Dumb move, I know.  I'm regretting it.  Lesson Learnt! [/DIV]
 Bless your heart. At least you didn't blister. A friend of mine did. She just called to tell me while she was sleeping, it busted (ouch!).  

DDD

Natasha wrote:
purelife wrote:
 I never used to burn so didn't put sunscreen on my back.  Dumb move, I know.  I'm regretting it.  Lesson Learnt! [/DIV]
 Bless your heart. At least you didn't blister. A friend of mine did. She just called to tell me while she was sleeping, it busted (ouch!).

I burnd a little bit on my arms and back of my neck but i really try not to as it is not good for you plus i hate burns

Natasha

DDD wrote:

Cut down a tree - poor tree - I have a lot of them all over the property one less isn't going to hurt anything.

painted the house - what colour- same color :P  but now it looks newer and prettier.

put down a new stone walk way - stoned walk - I don't do that anymore.

installed solar powered lights - now you can see in the dark - which is exactly why I did it. That and to keep people from going to back door.

started a flower garden - those for the stoned walk - beside the stoned walk. The garden goes from the house to walk way.

built new steps to the porch - nice - I took down the ramp the old owners had and put the steps. I have a little more yard now.

threw down some grass seed - again for the stoned walk- what is it with you and being stoned? lol

mowed/ weedeated - weed need i say more - there you go again.

and am looking for someone to do some bulldozing work so I can put in a new pool. - what you rich - lol.. pa lease, you throw out in one afternoon what I've had to streeetch for my entire project. It actually looks like I may not get the dozing and pool done  :(   It's ok, it can wait another yr or so..if need be.

I love warm weather  :) - me tooooooooooo - me more!    In a bit I have to throw some mulch down, transfer a plant. Scrape and sand the old paint off the iron post. Do laundry, dishes and eat. I think I'll treat myself out to dinner tonight.

Natasha

DDD wrote:
Natasha wrote:
purelife wrote:

I burnd a little bit on my arms and back of my neck but i really try not to as it is not good for you plus i hate burns[/DIV]
 Let me guess, you didn't use sunblock? So do you guys immediately turn brown or do you turn red, peel then turn brown?  I usually use block but this year I wanted a tan, which I now have but I'm getting too dark so I've started using block.