The Rant Thread

Started by Gopher, Feb 11 11 10:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

This thread is primarily for the use of Orik and DDD but everyone is welcome to it.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Orik

THE f*cking useless building management  My stove needs fixing for the  past 9 months it is still not fixed.  carpet needs to be replaced. mold  and rot.. still not removed.. linoleum floor torn and worn out needs  repairing.. not repaired yet..  

kitchen counter press-board has water rot from leaking sink.. needs to be  completely replaced not fixed yet sink still leaks. chipboard underneath  is rotten and probably black mold is growing inside the walls.. wont  know till the board is taken out and the base board pulled up and then  checked..

the sink has been leaking for 3 years and yet management is to lazy they  say they do not have the money to repair or fix these things and say it  is not essential..

Bathroom grab bars for climbing in and out of the tub improperly  installed and broke off the first time used injuring me in the process..  still not fixed 1 year later.. My physical abilities are not to good when it comes to walking. My  legs do not work well and have not since I broke my back. In march of 2001 I am thankful to still walk and ride my bike but the simple truth is I should be using my walker or the wheelchair.. (I just hate them both the walker and the flaming wheelchair)  

I need those grab bars to help me as I climb in and out of the tub for  my legs do not always listen to the commands I try to send them do not  always do as I ask them to.. I fear for my safety every time I climb in  and out of the tub.. If my leg collapses on me or decides to have one of  its lock ups or nerve spasms.. it is gonna hurt.. when I hit the floor.  If the grab bars where in place no problem I can maintain my balance as  I get in and out of that flaming tub..

I wish I could name the building management but doing so would  compromise my personnel life and reveal way to much info on where I  actually live in the down town east side..

SHITTY BROKEN FIRE ALARMS  APARTMENT BUZZERS NOT WORKING  this seems to  be a full building problem  but then the TELUS PHONE LINES GOT CUT AND  NOT FIXED FOR WEEKS. BUT AGAIN only my apartment was affected and no one  else's and last month some one cut off  the buildings Shaw cable and  only my f*cking apartment was affected I had no Tv or internet for a  week..

f*ck IF I COULD AFFORD TO MOVE I WOULD but I haven't got the money and  no guarantees the next low income apartments would be any better..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Gopher

Great rant, Orik. Maybe in December we should have a vote for  Rant Of The Year

DDD

Gopher wrote:
 This thread is primarily for the use of Orik and DDD but everyone is welcome to it.

WTF for me I never go on and on and on and on [SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA" lang=EN-GB]And on and on and [SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB]on and on and [SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB]on and on and[SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN][SPAN lang=EN-GB]on and on and[SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN][SPAN lang=EN-GB]on and on and[SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN][SPAN lang=EN-GB]on and on and[SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN][SPAN lang=EN-GB]on and on and[SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN][SPAN lang=EN-GB]on and on and[SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN][SPAN lang=EN-GB]on and on and[SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN][SPAN lang=EN-GB]on and on and..........................................................................................................................................................................................[/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA" lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA" lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][SPAN lang=EN-GB]about any thing ffs[/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

Gopher wrote:

I have nothing to rant about  :-(

DDD

Natasha wrote:
Gopher wrote:

I have nothing to rant about  :-([/DIV]
 Yes you do that you miss me

Natasha

I miss many of you. Some days are just too busy to even sit at the computer much less check on anyone.    

DDD

I have less and less time now a days..........sucks

Orik

Some Son of a bitch stole my Mail and My ID recently

I  paid 120 dollars to get my ID and some bastard stole it from my mail..  now I have to cancel the ID deal with police reports and to top off that  I have to shell out another 120 f*cking dollars for a whole new ID

All  this because they have to change the identification numbers because it  is Federal id  you would think because it is federal identification they  would send it via registered mail but noooo the dumb gobshites in  government can't do that because it would raise the mailing costs up to  much..

I could get away with paying 20 dollars if it was just  lost but because it  was stolen it falls under a different area..  f*cking God damn thief, I hope this two bit larcenous son of a 2 bit  whore and the whelp of a goat has his fingers maimed or cut off in a  horrible accident thus he can never steal a thing again, that f*cking  a**hole has ruined 2 months for me..

it will take 2 months to  replace the ID, I can not work with out ID  not one single hour not one single day, I will earn no money at all  and that really hurts. I lost a job working at a local club because of  this theft and now have no income at all I had exhausted my employment  insurance and welfare's  610 dollars is just enough to pay my rent it  leaves nothing for food or bills..

I need that ID, I need the money I earned bouncing part time at the club  a good Fridays would earn me 100 bucks multiply that by 4 times a  month  sure it is not much money but it covered my bills and food costs.  It  was not much but it was all I f*cking had.

Now I don't  have a f*cking thing not 1 f*cking dime  I have been to the food bank and do  you have any idea how shitty that food is,... Christ they barely give  enough to feed me for 2 days let alone expect it to last me for 2 f*cking weeks. ..  

ever since they changed the laws not one club can have a bouncer with  out a Security ID and with 1 theft  I am f*cking ruined.. I am so  f*cking pissed off  I want to kill some one and if I got a hold of this thief I probably  would... it used to never be a problem a guy like me could get a job at  pretty much any club.

since they clanged the laws all security jobs must have a licensed  person  and that security officer must carry there license at all times  and show it to the police or any AG that asks. Working on any premises  and you fail to show your license will not only gets you a large fine  but the employer as well

Any employer hiring a unlicensed security person risks having his club  shut down for the night or even worse they could shut them down for the  weekend on top of the fines..  Just having unlicensed security staff is  no longer a little thing it is a huge thing..

I also must get a mailbox because I can not longer trust the safety of  this apartment buildings mail so I now need to rent a post office box  and that is more f*cking money I don't f*cking have... f*ck cutting that  Goofs fingers off is not good enough I wish I could break his f*cking arms in  three places as well.

I would not say I am angry right now I am way past that... Some  worthless sperm infected some whore's cunt came around here and f*cking  stole my shit they better pray I never find out who they are because if I  catch them they will pray  to God that they could turn back time

I do not call the police I deal with my problems the way we have in the  east side for years we deal with it with some good old fashioned  street justice. I get even and I get even in mean f*cking ways... I  would pay very good money to have some one identify this thief to me..  

I  have a ballpeen hammer waiting to f*ck this goof up big  time..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Natasha

[DIV class=boardPostBody] [SPAN style="COLOR: #333333"][SPAN][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, times, serif"][FONT face=""]I recently reconnected with an old high school best friend on FB. Now damn near every update on my first two pages are from her. Talking about everything from what her kids said, what's for breakfast, who woke up in a bad mood, look at we bought, this is where we're going to dinner, this is what we ate, and so on... totally annoying in my opinion. To make it worse, more times than not, she'll include prices aaand she includes pics with everything! Seriously, why can't she just show the pics and shut the hell up about everything else? One day she made an update saying "OMG my husband was just in accident!" the numerous updates come from there on regarding that situation on top of her normal updates *sigh*. Her husband was JUST in an accident, why the hell is she posting about it on FB? I signed into FB earlier tonight and minutes prior she made an update saying" At the ER...having heart problems again...keep you all updated". UGGGHH, I'm sorry but she can't be that bad off if she's posting about it on FB. Then she says "send positive thoughts my way please".   I'm like,  F*CK YOU! Hows that for a positive thought?!  I can't effing take it anymore. Now, SHE is a true attention whore! [/FONT][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="COLOR: #333333"][SPAN][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, times, serif"]I'm totally reminded of why I cut her out of my life the first time. Looks like it's time for round two.[/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="COLOR: #333333"][SPAN][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, times, serif"][FONT face=""][/FONT][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]

Gopher

Point her in the direction of DV, if it's still up and running.

Natasha

DV wouldn't be enough for her. Heck, FB isn't enough for her. I was told after she makes her posts on FB she immediately goes to Twatter to post the same information.

purelife

I also can't understand how ppl can update status on just about everything in their life.  I guess some ppl like to have an open-book life online.  And nowadays with facebook in the palm of our hands, it makes it that much easier for ppl like her to update everyone every second.   Do ppl comment on her status?

I have one friend who does this but she's a teen.  It's understandable.  I'm the total opposite of her spectrum.  I update status like once a week or sometimes two weeks.  

DDD

I HATE FACEBOOK

Orik

That is rather dangerous to share so much information about ones self & their family.

I did not mind posting on DV when it was operational & I have not used it in about one year now. Does the DV forum still exist? What I post over here at DS from time to time is a bit more in-depth & personal. We are such a small group of posters that I feel DS has more intimate family like connection. I feel comfortable posting here I do tend to post more about my life here than I do anywhere else.  

So  I will often post over here  about my life things I wont post about anywhere else. It just seems the posters here seem to care more about one anther's feelings and that is something I do not have on any other forum. When it comes to the need of blogging with Facebook or to Twitter my time away. Well that is something I just could not understand.

Just what is the desire to post or read what others have to say a few times a day?  Anyways I do not think I will understand what some people consider a desire or is it an addiction  about the constant need to go posting about ones life with Facebook or a need to post shout outs with a few words from ones cell phone on a twitter account..

Do I really care what for every little thing that is going on in some strangers life. I do not currently have a Facebook account or a Twitter account and as far as I can see I will probably never have one either. I must admit I used to have an account with the social media that used to be a part of Hotmail.

However that was so long ago that was back when they E-mailed me they were switching host sites & format that I never bothered to update it. Hell It has been so long since I last used  my space or Hotmail that I forgot the password i used on them. I do have a blog thingy on My-Space but again that is something I almost never use either.

I think I average one weeks worth of log in time per year on my-space.  I probably average a months worth of log in time each year with DS and it used to be a slightly higher log in time over at DV when it was up and running. As for Memebe I rarely read it, let alone bother to post on it. As for D.A.T.W I think I post to it a a half dozen times per year but I  do tend to use it less than I do DS.

I do not have so much of a desire to share that much about my life anymore. Namely why should I bother posting about whats going on in my life, particularly when no one cares about what some one else has to say... I learned that it is just better to keep whats on my mind to myself. Why bother posting about something at all...

So I simply stopped posting and before long my addiction to forums died off & now I am simply existing while living a life that is nothing special I still suffer from chronic boredom but just do not feel the need to read the forums that much or to post that often. I will sometimes go weeks at a time with out reading or posting to any forum site go figure it used to be a daily addiction but like many other things in life one does grow out of it.

Well it seems like it is time to wanders off  & do something else, well what ever it was I was going to go do... Well, it can not be that important because I forgot what it was I was going to go do.