Pictures Only Please!

Started by kits, Feb 09 06 02:47

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Oh no, FC....that's not MY work.  That's just a picture of the quilt I made.  (Still working on that little problem)  I tried photobucket, but I wasn't crazy about their 'privacy policy'.  Can you tell me more ????  I tried to set up an account, but after 17 duplicate 'pins'....I gave up.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Future Canadian

What didn't you like about their privacy policy? I know I should pay more attention to that stuff but I just kinda click past it and go blah blah blah. I didn't get any trouble signing up. I'm going to go there now in fact cuz I wanted to try a new avatar idea I had.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

P.C.

Can't remember exactly, all I know is it sent up enough red flags to have hubby take a look. I'm ashamed to admit, that sometimes I don't know what I'm reading and need a more informed opinion.  (apparently I interpret things from a simpletons point of view when it comes to these issues).  Hubby hadsn't gotten back to me on this one.....LOL

weird al

Seems like photobucket wants your full name and address, credit card #, etc. I stopped reading right there and got the hell outa there, but I think they even want to know how you brush your teeth, up & down or sideways? wtf?

Future Canadian

Wow, I don't remember that. I'd better take a second look. Foamy the Squirrel's new cartoon was about this very subject and it's hilarious!
http://www.illwillpress.com/vault.html (hey that didn't make the little link thingy). Anyways the cartoon is called User Agreement.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

P.C.

Exactly weird al.  Request for TOO much info, in my opinion.  And their policy of whom they wanted 'permission' to pass on this info to, didn't sit right with me.

Future Canadian

And since this is a pictures thread, here's a picture of my beloved Foamy.

Future Canadian

Well if there's a better, less nosy service y'all know of I'd like to take a look.

weird al

I've been using tinypic, which doesn't require any sort of registration, but turns out to be owned by photobucket, so what gives?

P.C.

I keep slugging away at tinypic.  It works, but I can't seem to find any options for resizing the pics.[/DIV]I think you have to resize them BEFORE you send them to tinypic.

Sportsdude

I resize them in the post. But then it gets distorted.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

weird al

Now what about copyrights? I yanked those couple of Klibans I posted yesterday after I read their copyright advisory. Seemed a tad militant.

Future Canadian

Jeez now I feel kinda dirty for using those guys, but I thought the picture thread neede a picture:

tenkani

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

P.C.

OMG.....now if that were me, I'd put the kid in the basket, and be hanging on for dear life with both hands !!!!!!!

|