purelife

Sportsdude

girls are evil
men are pigs

what's new eh?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

P.C.

Saying 'eh' won't make you more Canadian, silly.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Sportsdude

i dunno eh? I think that's what people say around here eh? to remember that they're still canadian eh?
I've been on a it's "centre" and "center" campaign so far I got the laundry mat to change wordage.

P.C.

Saying 'eh' only makes one sound uneducated.....not Canadian.  I thought everybody there was from somewhere else anyway.

I'm born Canadian and have never said eh. I don't plan on starting anytime soon.      

Sportsdude

international kids don't know that. lol
yeah everyone I know is from a different country or Alberta and a kid who was so happy to see me from Whitehorse because I was an inch taller then him, finally found somebody taller apparently.

But eh? is a culture trait of Canada, its what people think of.

P.C.

Only a misinformed notion of some Americans.

Sportsdude

misinformed? We've talked about this in class, about country culture traits, every single canadian person said Eh? is a culture trait. Along with the beaver, moose, poutine (a Quebec trait that's now become nation wide), and hockey.
Just like in Austrailia the stereo type is everyone says "mate".

Or for canadians thinking of americans, everyone has an accent.

P.C.

misinformed? We've talked about this in class, about country culture traits, every single canadian person said Eh? is a culture trait. Along with the beaver, moose, poutine (a Quebec trait that's now become nation wide), and hockey.
Just like in Austrailia the stereo type is everyone says "mate".

I suppose if you consider the eastern provinces as Canada....that may be true.  But as a Canadian growing up in BC.....it is extremely uncommon....unless it comes from someone FROM back east.

Every single person says this ?  Every single person from where.

Or for canadians thinking of americans, everyone has an accent.

I don't know what that means.  

Sportsdude

I don't know what that means.

For the first month I was here and it got to where are you from, everyone was shocked that I didn't have an accent. Until one prof said not to worry everyone thinks that anyone from the states has a southern accent. So when people asked why I didn't have an accent and the answer of "I never wanted one" wasn't good enough for them, I explained to them the two missouri's.

Yes, that's Atlantic Canada's trait, The west's trait is the lumberjack. The North the igloo, Quebec the french, Then the newfoundlanders are a trait of themselves.

It's just like the US and apple pies, hot dogs, and brats and phili cheese steaks, and tex mex. All came from somewhere else in the US, but all are "american traits".

P.C.

For the first month I was here and it got to where are you from, everyone was shocked that I didn't have an accent. Until one prof said not to worry everyone thinks that anyone from the states has a southern accent. So when people asked why I didn't have an accent and the answer of "I never wanted one" wasn't good enough for them, I explained to them the two missouri's.

[/DIV]
I think you have quite a strong accent.

A prof said 'everyone thinks that anyone from the states has a southern accent'?  Tell him I think he's an imbecile.    

purelife

[h2][a href="http://pranks.com/2007/10/10/newest-toy-recall-from-china/" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link: Newest toy recall from China"]Newest toy recall from China[/a][/h2]

|