Pictures Only Please!

Started by kits, Feb 09 06 02:47

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Rej knows what town this is. Beautiful by the way. :)

[img style="width: 539px; height: 246px;" src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Tuzla_View_of_Tuzla.jpg"]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

RejdzegejnstdwashM

Sportsdude wrote:
Rej knows what town this is. Beautiful by the way. :)

[img style="WIDTH: 539px; HEIGHT: 246px" src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Tuzla_View_of_Tuzla.jpg"]

hahahahahahahaa..........yea dude, you're right..this is my town! great pic. I live in those buildings behind.

Sportsdude

[img style="width: 467px; height: 350px;" src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/45/Tuzlaci.jpg"]

That's the biggest chess board ever.

purelife

I've seen a chessboard like that in Vancouver.  Uh, can't remember where though.  I think that it was near the old Woodwards or something.  I dunno if it's still there but the pieces were freaking huge!  

Sportsdude

i think those things are cool.
interesting.

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

RejdzegejnstdwashM

Sportsdude wrote:
[img style="WIDTH: 467px; HEIGHT: 350px" src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/45/Tuzlaci.jpg"]

That's the biggest chess board ever.

we got more two like this one on the photo. actually three! teh retired people are mostly playing it in the afternoon...

Sportsdude

cool Rej.

I found another pic:
what part of the town is this?

purelife

ROFL!  Those are FUNNY Lil Me!    

RejdzegejnstdwashM

Sportsdude wrote:
cool Rej.

I found another pic:
what part of the town is this?

this is an old part of Tuzla and also the center; pedestrian zone. Those buildings are from the period of Austro-Hungarian monarchy and the architecture is like from those times. before the WWII. Although the buildings are mainly damaged because of sinking of the ground! YEa, Tuzla is slowly sinking every year. Every year we go down for couple of centimeters, because there's a huge hole beneath the town. They're suckin out the salt water from the undergound and producing the kitchen salt. The best quality on this region. But the city suffers because of that. many old buildings are ruined, simply ruined down by itself. do you see those umbrellaa behind on the left? there you can buy CDs for just 1.5 $. And that sign BUREK and SIRNICA means a meatpie and cheespie....

Sportsdude

cool, very cool.
I'm surprised your town isn't a big tourist town. According to wiki, its not for some reason.

RejdzegejnstdwashM

Sportsdude wrote:
cool, very cool.
I'm surprised your town isn't a big tourist town. According to wiki, its not for some reason.

no it's not 'tourist' town. two years ago we got the first artificial salt lake in this region. we used the salt water beneath the town and mixed it with a regular water and made an artificial lake, right in the center of city!!!! that's amazing, I mean this entire region is known by the coal mines and salt mines, in general industrial zone, but now we got people, walking in swimming suits through the city....hahahahaha.....

And this year the city government has plans to build some water falls near to that lake.

Sportsdude

haha nice!
very beautiful country.

RejdzegejnstdwashM

Sportsdude wrote:
haha nice!
very beautiful country.

yeah...I call bosnia "relaxed" country. Just drinking and eating and making celebrations and festives in every possible occasion. barbecues are our 'custom' here, coffee, pies and we even have a local Tuzla brewery here. But honestly, tuzla beer sucks dude! maybe only the draught one.

scottie311

this just looks so comfortable...

|