When we were young

Started by Gopher, Jun 03 10 07:45

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Natasha

Orik wrote:
Oh please no nudes, Not even by e-mail... None at all.... No nudes...

lmao

thank goodness my Foster Mum does not know of this place or I just might be horrified to see her post that picture of me in the buff sitting on a big old stuffed English chair with a Sherlock Holmes hat on and nothing else..

LOL.. why on earth does your foster mum have a picture like that of you to begin with?? And please tell us she isn't the one who took it.

Orik

Natasha They are my foster parents, they raised me took me in about the age of 2.5 - 3years old.. They changed my name when they took me in to there care I remember being told I could not call my self ...... any more and had to use the name ..... instead

my foster parents went through the legal proceedings to adopt me from my understanding that was a 7 year arduous court process... they will always be my foster parents I am not of their blood...

Why they have that photo it is because they took it... One of them took it when I was about 5 when they took me to London england... to visit their parents... (  Gramma's house had a fancy old bed on risers and they heated the bed and rooms with a pan of coals they put under it.. Weather it was Mum Or Dad or some one else who took the photo I don't know...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

DDD

Natasha wrote:
DDD wrote:
 no nudes[/DIV]
 LMAO..

There's always email!

;)  

Yea as if i would send you a nude picture or get one from you

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

Orik wrote:
Natasha They are my foster parents, they raised me took me in about the age of 2.5 - 3years old.. They changed my name when they took me in to there care I remember being told I could not call my self ...... any more and had to use the name ..... instead

my foster parents went through the legal proceedings to adopt me from my understanding that was a 7 year arduous court process... they will always be my foster parents I am not of their blood...
They took you in at 2.5, fought for you for 7 years and you still have the nerve to referr to them as your fosters parents... that's just sad.

Why they have that photo it is because they took it... One of them took it when I was about 5 when they took me to London england... to visit their parents... (  Gramma's house had a fancy old bed on risers and they heated the bed and rooms with a pan of coals they put under it.. Weather it was Mum Or Dad or some one else who took the photo I don't know...

Idk, I just think it's odd to take those types of photos of kids.

Itsy Bitsy

Hey thats not fair, you don't know what his relationship with his foster parents was like.

I agree about the nude pics thing... I don't get why parents insist on doing that. It creeps me out a bit. My mom took pics like that of me and shows them to people once in awhile. I just grimace and keep my mouth shut. My mom's kind of crazy though. My sister is quite different with her kids. No nude photos at all. Not even as newborns. She won't let them under dress in public either. My 6 year old niece wants to wear a two piece bathing suit and my sister refuses to let her. I kind of get it... I'm sure there are creeps in the park sometimes watching the kids.

Natasha

Itsy Bitsy wrote:
 Hey thats not fair, you don't know what his relationship with his foster parents was like.

That's true,  I don't. But I also believe I wasn't talking to you about it either, was I ;)  Just seems to me they took him in and fought to keep him so they obviously wanted and loved him. They may not have done the best job with him but at least respect them for attempting to give him some sort of family.

I agree about the nude pics thing... I don't get why parents insist on doing that. It creeps me out a bit. My mom took pics like that of me and shows them to people once in awhile.

That's embarassing! And that's even worse than taking those pictures to begin with. Why do outsiders need to see your naughty bits?

I just grimace and keep my mouth shut. My mom's kind of crazy though. My sister is quite different with her kids. No nude photos at all. Not even as newborns. She won't let them under dress in public either. My 6 year old niece wants to wear a two piece bathing suit and my sister refuses to let her.

Same here.

I kind of get it... I'm sure there are creeps in the park sometimes watching the kids.

Sadly I'm sure there's some truth to that. It's definitly something I keep in mind.

Itsy Bitsy

"But I also believe I wasn't talking to you about it either, was I ;)  "

The joys of a public forum baby!

Natasha

Itsy Bitsy wrote:
 The joys of a public forum baby![/DIV]
 As wonderful as it would be for you... I'm not your baby.

Orik

Photos of your kids there should be none of them in the nude, that being said there is times when a picture is worth a thousand words.. In example

Little Orik 3 years old completely starkers covered in mud head to foot except were he had just removed his nappy, which he had left in the mud... so all you could see of him was his bottom running along the mud flats... his white buttocks the only item that stood out in all that black mud.  

I do remember dad making me sit in a blanket the whole trip home, dried mud flaking off all over the place, man was I a mess. I think I had fun, Dad on the other hand was not impressed my memory is very fuzzy on this. I do remember that Mud Flat it went on for miles, talk about a little slice of heaven for a young boy...

It is those pictures that words can never do justice for. But those photos should be for the family only. There is no call for showing those photos to others ever. Talk about grievously embarrassing..

Natasha My Foster parents and I are estranged, somewhat. I left home at 14 for the first time and moved out completely by the time I was 17. I have spent my entire life working in one form or another. I paid rent at home Natasha, my pay cheques that I earned I handed over to my Parents and they handed me an allowance (if i was lucky) I have my reasons for leaving home.

I appreciate my foster parents and all they did or tried to do for me. They are my family and they are not my family...I am the only one of my blood and of my name. I made myself and built all I am and all I own on my own. I did it with nothing but a pair of shoes, a pair of shorts, a tent + sleeping bag a couple of shirts and a torn jacket. A ratty old blue back pack and a half dozen comic books. (all stolen from the squat my first night) I toughed it out and learned. I learned to hate, to Fight and how to survive by any means necessary.

This is something I wrote a number of years ago here on DS

Going home on Christmas eve, after being away for years. having not spoken to my parents in years...  knocking on the door and the person answering was not the family I knew... I was kind of heartbroken to discover my family had moved... I guess I should of called them...

When I was in my teens I ran away from home. For many years I travelled and saw much of Canada and a fair share of the US of A. One lonely Christmas Eve, years later I found myself In Vancouver. I forthwith decided it was time to let bygones be bygones and went home to wish my folks a Merry Christmas.

I walked down the old streets so familiar to me at long last. 4 long years later. I had not seen or spoken to my family in so long a time. There it was my old home. The trees I climbed as a wee child were gone, not even the stumps remained. The car port was a new shade of Grey. The Christmas lights that are normally shining, where not hung.

How strange thought I. No tinsel, or snow flakes, nor home made icicles, hanging in the windows. The house looked dark and foreboding, This is most definitively odd thought I. As I walked up the drive Nice beamer, I thought, I wonder whose that is. Dad drove a Buick you see either that or a ford.

I walked gingerly up the steps to the front door. Taking a deep comforting breath, I knock loudly to announce I am home. A strange Asian man answered the door. Since when did my parents hire a butler, how odd thought I.

Low and behold, the house I once knew. I find had been sold and the man at the door was the new owner. I asked of him, what had happened to the family who lived here before? he said to me, they had moved. I asked for a new address for the people who sold him the house... He said they left with no forwarding address.

Heartbroken I walked away. I did check the phone book to see if I could find my family in their. Sadly they where not listed.

Thus proving One can never go home again.

I ran in to my Foster brother a time later while Pan-handling on Robson  street. Pepper rolling over and meowing at people, me with my kick a pan  handler for a buck sign and a packet full of joints 2 bucks a pop... Big scruffy beard ,denim jeans and cowboy hat & boots. A denim shirt an a 20 lb duster of a jacket

My foster parents and I reconciled a couple of years ago when I nearly died. Natasha I respect them immensely for all they tried to do. Some parts of my heart there is even some love for them. I dare to say I would even cry when they pass on and go to the happy hunting ground or into heaven or where ever the soul goes to when we die.. They are my Foster parents Natasha.

I am not close to them nor they close to me. I am what I am. A single soul  a base born bastard, no family & alone... For them that is best that I left... I had to make my own way. I had effectively been finding my own way since I was 12...

I thank My foster parents for the home and for the morals they instilled in me for the beliefs they tried to teach me. I can not be their son I can not be what I am not. I can not be what they want of me. i am what i am. no more no less. I just am... Like it or hate it. That is, what is and what was. Tomorrow, we shall see, what there is to see, if we get their..

If I ever get married that will be the start of the family... Till then Their is only one family I knew, they took me in. They taught me to steal, to fight, to hunt, to kill or be killed. I tip my hat, I lift my glass a toast to the Family, may they be for now and forever. The Granville Family, they were my brothers and my sisters. We may not be blood but we where closer than blood.

My Foster Parents gave me a chance. they taught me the basics . The Family taught me the rest..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Itsy Bitsy

Natasha wrote:
As wonderful as it would be for you... I'm not your baby.

Haha, how very vain of you.

I use baby casually, not romantically.

DDD

Natasha

DDD wrote:
 cat fight[/DIV]
 =D no cat fight here. I'll ignore the runt (runt meant in a JOKING manner since Itsy is small in height) before fighting with her.

Natasha

To Orik:

That was very well written and somewhat sad. I wonder sometimes why a person if less willing to own their family when their life didn't go exactly as planned. Not saying that's what you've done. It's just something I wonder about every now and then. Did you ever look back and ask yourself had you done things differently or behaved differently if there would be a stronger closer family bond? I believe no matter how we were raised we can always better the course of others as long as can admit when we're wrong and learn from the mistakes of others.

DDD

Natasha wrote:
DDD wrote:
 cat fight[/DIV]
 =D no cat fight here. I'll ignore the runt (runt meant in a JOKING manner since Itsy is small in height) before fighting with her. [/DIV]
 Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

and in this corner is.........

Russ

Im obviously out of the loop.

I didnt know Itsy Bitsy was female. Although I havent read more than a few posts by her.

Im on the fence on this one about Orik.. Looking from a 3rd party viewpoint, I agree with Natasha. However, we dont know the full story from Oriks perspective, so I would have to go with what he says. He was there so to speak.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|