How would you like...

Started by Gopher, Apr 14 10 10:10

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Nice thoughts Neener.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Neeener

From the heart and I believe it. :) You should see some of the people I visit on occasion and my little Nephew, you can see the gleam in their eyes.
Funny thing about a lot of old people, all you have to do is sit and listen. They will tell you a lot of history sometimes, and likely the same story a few times, lol  Really it's worth it for both of you in the end.

P.C.

You're so right Neener.  One of the biggest problems, is that often we learn that just after it's too late.    

DDD

P.C. wrote:
You're so right Neener.  One of the biggest problems, is that often we learn that just after it's too late.    
       SO TRUE
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

P.C. wrote:
   True and some never learn it at all. Society just doesn't respect their elders like they once did.

DDD

you all must be OLD              [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"]
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Itsy Bitsy

I like hearing elders tell stories about their life. They come from a much more interesting time imo and have had amazing experiences. The only problem is, if you're around the same elders often enough, they tell you the same stories over and over and over. That I can't stand.

Gopher

You'd never get tired of listening to mine.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Natasha

Itsy Bitsy wrote:
 I like hearing elders tell stories about their life. They come from a much more interesting time imo and have had amazing experiences. The only problem is, if you're around the same elders often enough, they tell you the same stories over and over and over. That I can't stand.[/DIV]
 lol.. neither can I but I try to keep in mind that they're old and are probably a little mental.

Natasha

Gopher wrote:
 You'd never get tired of listening to mine.[/DIV]
 We're ready to read whenever you're ready to type.

Itsy Bitsy

Are you an elder, gopher?

P.C.

I'd ask for a clear definition of elder before I answered if I were you.  You might be able to fudge a full decade if you play your hand right.  I remember when I was 20, I thought 35 was elder.    

Natasha

To me an elder is someone in their 80's. Actually, I my mind says "Gosh, they're friggen old". So I guess elder (imo) would be 60-70's. It's hard to tell really these days. People live longer and are more active.

Itsy Bitsy

Yeah some 60 year olds seem so young to me, whereas some seem freaking ancient. 80+ would certainly qualify as elder, but 60-80 would probably depend on the person.

Gopher

In that case, I'm an older rather than an elder.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

|