Sarah Palin: Energy Expert

Started by TehBorken, Jul 15 09 09:28

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[div class="text-html" lang="x-western"]    Sarah Palin: Energy Expert

Sarah Palin today in the Washington Post:

"I am deeply concerned about President Obama's cap-and-trade energy plan, and I believe it is an enormous threat to our economy. It would undermine our recovery over the short term and would inflict permanent damage."

[a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WykvUyUuLo&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fthinkprogress%2Eorg%2F&feature=player_emb%20edded" target="_blank"]Sarah Palin during the presidential campaign.[/a]

"A cap-and-trade policy will send a signal that will be heard and welcomed all across the American economy, and the highest rewards will go to those who make the smartest, safest, most responsible choices."

John McCain introduced her as "one of America's greatest energy experts," CNBC's Maria Bartiromo said "I think the biggest value she brings to the ticket is her expertise in energy," and Haley Barbour called her a "bonafide energy expert." Palin's petro-knowledge has become a given on the right.

What's the source of this deep knowledge? It doesn't come from Palin's multi-school odyssey from which she eventually earned a BS in communications. It doesn't come from her experience rattling off scores as a sportscaster. It doesn't come from overseeing ice rink construction in Wasilla. Nope, her energy expertise comes from being appointed to an oil and gas commission, a job she quit after less than a year.

There are people who have worked in this field for decades. People who have spent their lives studying the complex issues of energy production and utilization. People who experimented, investigated, sacrificed, and sweated to make discoveries about energy. There are actually people who didn't become "experts" by being handed a $122K / year appointment in an area they knew nothing about, spend a few months talking about their colleagues to the press, then quit when that press started to ask a few questions. [/div]  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

"she eventually earned a BS in communications."

LOL  Too funny.  

I don't understand.  If she quit politics, why is she politicing.  She has defined herself by her actions, as being totally non-credible.  I wish she would go away...she is setting things back for women in politics.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]"she eventually earned a BS in communications."

[/span]LOL  Too funny.  

I don't understand.  If she quit politics, why is she politicing.  She has defined herself by her actions, as being totally non-credible.  I wish she would go away...she is setting things back for women in politics.

I heard she was thinking about another run at the VP spot.
Horrifying.  
It horrifies me to think people actually took her seriously at all.
When i listened to her speeches (the first time) I wanted to gouge my eardrums out.
Subsequently (when i thought she was out of office for good - double meaning intended) I laughed.
Now i have grown scared since the rumours of her running in 2012.

Truly an idiotic woman!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Russ

I still think of her as the person that could look out her window in Alaska and see their neighbor Russia.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

I still believe she's actually from Prince George.
(many friends in PG, but the resemblance is uncanny)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Russ wrote:  I still think of her as the person that could look out her window in Alaska and see their neighbor Russia. [/span]

I can just picture her with her little Tupperware container, hoping to zip next door to borrow a cup of borscht.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]I still think of her as the person that could look out her window in Alaska and see their neighbor Russia. [/span]

I can just picture her with her little Tupperware container, hoping to zip next door to borrow a cup of borscht.

Majority of the Aluetians were still majority Russian up until the 80s I believe, some of those villages never spoke English. World's Deadliest Catch is filmed in the area.
Distinctive Russian Orthodox churches dot the landscape.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."