The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Thats too bad kitten, I know its for his own good but I agree that it hurts you as much as him! What happened to your kitty, kitten?

We had a dog that had a cone on his head for FIVE MONTHS..

he had been attacked by two pitbulls down teh alley from us when my mother was taking him for a walk. They got out and when my mother saw them running towards them she dropped the leash so Toby could run as well as she, the dogs left her and mauled him. After a while they left Toby and went back to their yard, my mother took Toby to the vet... We though he was finished. I was on leave at that point and was home when my mother went to the vet, so I went over and had a friendly talk with the neighbor who was at home by that point. He was nice enough after I gave him a talk to pay the 3k vet bills or I would have gotten rid of his dangerous pitbulls.

Yuck, thinking about it, he had a drain as well, it went everywhere. We had to leave him in the laundry room.

PC, lol I dont know how i missed the TV. I looked again when you mentioned it and realized I had only looked at the first set the other day. I saw it I saw it!

Still looks awesome!      
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Oh, your poor dog, Russ!  I'm glad he made it, but that's so sad!  He must have gone nuts wearing the cone for that long.

Kaycee had an abcess that had to be drained.  It looks awful, but the vet did a great job.  Very tidy stitching.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Russ

Glad Kaycee is doing better! Hopefully she doesnt have the lampshade on too long.

Yeah, it was sad with Toby. After the parts that were scalped back together grew back jet black when the rest of him was grey, and those were the parts where you could tell there was pinched nerves.. he would always wimper at random times when he moved. My brother and I ended up putting him down just less than a year later because he was getting so bad, my mother couldnt do it.

EDIT: we took him to a vet, we didnt do it.

kitten

What a shame.  Toby must have suffered a lot.  You did the right thing, but the right thing often hurts a lot.  

By the way, Kaycee is a big, beautiful boy.  Neutered of course, but still male.

P.C.

Hardest thing in the world.....seeing kids or animals feeling poorly.

Cats are good healers.  Kaycee will bounce back before you know it.  (try not to look when he stares longingly out the window......too sad)  *I think someone is going to get pampered this week*
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

By pampered do you mean "spoiled rotten"?  Of course he will be!

I must get ready for bed now.  I stayed up longer than I intended.  Goodnight, P.C. and Russ.

P.C.

Good night Kitten.....give Kaycee a gentle pat from me.

P.C.

Russ, that's just AWFULL about your dog.  I would imagine along with feeling pretty sad, there would be a little anger too.  (at least I think there would be for me)

Future Canadian

Poor pooch. Our dog is perpetually in a cone from licking a spot on her leg (some nervous tic she just wont quit) so I sympathize.
And I hate pit bulls. Ugly, useless killer beasts.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Future Canadian

Hi Bye everyone. I'm off to play some Scrabble before bed.  
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

P.C.

Good night FC...(I LOVE Scrabble)

Russ

Goodnight kitten~~

Yeah PC, it still frustrates me.. sadness and anger. Unfortunately that seems to be the way life is..

The guy couldnt be bothered at first, was trying to close his door on me. So I was a little more blunt as to what would happen to his dogs and his financial status when I sued him for everything I could. When he agreed to cover medical expenses that was enough for me, putting down his dogs although mean are his family and suing would just be financial Gain. I left it at that, but I did report his dogs and let it go with a warning. The lady I talked to couldnt believe I didnt want the dogs put down, just wanted a warning attached to the file. My mother agreed with me.

EDIT: By FC, sorry I missed you while writing this post. Happy T-Day again and enjoy your scrabble!

Sportsdude

Lol I missed everyone! *darn nap* stupid turkey
Yeah good to hear about Kaycee kitten.
Although I must admit Tigger takes the prize when it comes to enduring pain. 4 months stuck in a cage with a con head constant surgery. Staples that kept opening. He's a trooper.

Well tonights the big night. After work at around 4amish I'm going home change and drive to Target to stand in line. lol I've never done it before (camping out). I hope I get this Wii.  If not I'm sure to buy some games a controller and something for it. Target opens up at 6am. So I wonder how many people will be camping outside. I'm guessing it will be a lot.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Good luck with your Wii adventure SD! Ive never camped out as well, let us know how it works out.

P.C.

You're far more generous than I, Russ.  Having never been in this situation, I don't really know how I would react.  But I'd like to think that if it were MY dog who went on a killing rampage, there would be no question about what needed to be done.  Just the thought of the possibility that the next time, it could be a child, wouldn't allow any other decision.

I know that each persons pet is like a family member, but who wants a killer in the family ? I'm thinking of that couple whose dog killed that poor woman in the hall ourside her appartment door, that had the audacity to blame the woman. Nobody would have had to tell me what needed to be done with those dogs if they were mine.

|