The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Sportsdude wrote:
 really, I'm jealous. It was 97 (36) degrees today.

Is that a normal temperature for Missouri in June?

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

The average is usually in the low to mid 90's (32-35) with 100% humidity and no wind.

But every once in a while we'll get a temperature in the low 100's (38-40) with 100% humidity and no wind. On those days you can literally see the air. In fact now that I think about you usually can on hot days in the midwest.

When I was born the temperature was around 107 (42) with the usual super high humidity. When it gets that hot sporting events are called off.

At the old busch stadium where the baseball team played it use to have astro turf back til the mid 90's and that round stadium was an oven. You would have no wind do to it was inclosed and no shade. Field temperatures were usually around 120 to 130 (49-54) with insane humidity.

Played a football game once in 100 degree heat (38) about died. In fact I almost collapsed at an LPGA tour event here one time. EMT guy gave me ice, because I was getting woozie.

I belong in the Pacific Northwest nice and cool.

You haven't experienced heat until you visit here during mid july or august. Some places are hotter i.e. las vegas but they are not as humid.  A couple of years ago St. Louis went the entire month of July in 100 degree weather. About 100 people died. At night it never got below 95.  Add the cars and CO2 and you get red air quality days where you are not suppose to be outside for more then 5 mins.

Oh and if you sweat, you don't sweat buckets but water falls.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

I find it almost impossible to imagine. How about your winters?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Well good evening FC.  Long time, no 'see'.  How are things with you????  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

weird al

Where's FC? Girl, are you trippin'?

Future Canadian

Here I am. Just poking around through a full page of stuff to catch up on.
I say feh to those that say this site isn't busy enough. I hardly have enough time to read half of what's posted in a day.
Howdy PC! Wierd Al! All Y'all!

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

P.C.

Beats me.....I saw him log in, but cruise right past the Ebony Lounge.

Actually I'm having a lovely glass of wine......been about  a month or so.....so I'm totally enjoying it.  (yes.....just one....no tripping, lol)  

weird al

Hi, FC, PC. Ah, so she's only tipplin'...

Future Canadian

P.C. wrote:

Actually I'm having a lovely glass of wine......been about  a month or so....

You drink at my pace! I can't stomach much alcohol like I used to these days.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

P.C.

I spent another day demolishing my deck, and everything I own, aches.  I've got callouses on my blisters and bruises EVERYWHERE.  You know for a rotten deck, it sure is tough to get apart.  I'm wondering if I jumped the gun.  

P.C.

You drink at my pace! I can't stomach much alcohol like I used to these days.

[/DIV]
Wasn't MY choice....lol.  Doc 'suggested' it.  Having a little problem with my muscles.  they're disappearing, and he doesn't know what the source of it is....so he thought it best to look at a clean slate and start from there.  (Kill-joy)  

Future Canadian

I'm staring at the same problem PC. The stairs on my back porch are teh sux. Do I just fix those, or tear out the whole crappy plywood porch and build a real deck? I'm scared, it sounds like real work.  

Future Canadian

Stupid doctors think they're all fancy with their book-learnin' and stuff.  

P.C.

It IS definitely a lot of work.  The deck was HUGE.....just off the ground.....so getting a good under-swing with the sledge hammer is difficult.  There is a plumbed potting bench that needs to come out tomorrow before I can go any further.  Hubby is building a new workshop as our old one is too small, and very far away from the house.  (neither of us like walking back to the house in the dark....lol)  So now a set of stairs will be in order from the deck area down to the workshop.  

P.C.

What's new with you, weird al ?????

|