Lil Me...The Camper

Started by P.C., Jun 27 09 04:48

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Hey Lil Me....you're the first person that came to my mind, when I decided to start looking for the old 'bones' of a small camping tent.  I'm just looking for the ribs...not the outer shell....so if you know someone who is about to turt their old tent...let me know.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

OMG. I just got rid of ours! A friend of mine wanted a tent and since we don't do camping at all, I just gave her our old tent. My hubby bought the tent when he was single and hasn't cracked it open after the one time he went camping. Drats!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Hey P.C.  I think I can porbably get something for you.  We throw out a ton of broken equipment in Scouts.

So you just want the frame of a tent.  Does the shape matter?  Most of the tents we have are dome shaped, so there would be two long sets of folding poles which cross in the middle.    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

[div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Hey P.C.  I think I can porbably get something for you.  We throw out a ton of broken equipment in Scouts.[/div] [span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]So you just want the frame of a tent.  Does the shape matter?  Most of the tents we have are dome shaped, so there would be two long sets of folding poles which cross in the middle.[/span]

omg....that's what I'm looking for. Just the guts of a tent.  I had an old 'gazebo' type of frame, but I used all the poles for curtain rods....plus it would have been too big anyway.  The smaller the structure the better...but size really doesn't matter.  Really.  

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.