Man sets world record for piercings

Started by TehBorken, Mar 27 06 06:45

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[a name="top"]Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Toooooo weird for me.
[/a][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][a name="top"][h3]Marseilles man sets world record for piercings  [!-- ######################### --]  [/h3][font size="1"]CRAIG WIECZORKIEWICZ
[email protected][/font]

[/a][table align="right" width="200"]                [tbody][tr]       [td bgcolor="#ffffff"]                       [a href="http://mywebtimes.com/archives/photog/vgallery.cgi?prcss=view_pic&dir=03-19-06_03-25-06/03-20-06&picnm=piercingrecord.jpg[/img]                                           [/a]                    
             [font face="verdana" size="1"]                      
                                                    [/font]       [/td]    [/tr]        [tr]       [td bgcolor="#ffffff"]                       [a href="http://mywebtimes.com/archives/photog/vgallery.cgi?prcss=view_pic&dir=03-19-06_03-25-06/03-20-06&picnm=piercingrecord3.jpg[/img]                                           [/a]                    
                                                    [/font]       [/td]    [/tr]        [tr]       [td bgcolor="#ffffff"]                       [a href="http://mywebtimes.com/archives/photog/vgallery.cgi?prcss=view_pic&dir=03-19-06_03-25-06/03-20-06&picnm=piercingrecord2.jpg[/img]                                           [/a]                    
                                                    [/font]       [/td]    [/tr]        [tr]       [td]                 
[/td]    [/tr] [/tbody][/table] [a name="top"]About three hours into the world record-setting event, 21-year-old Matt Robison sat still, piercings poking up and down his arm as one of his bigger tattoos, the red-inked phrase "Don't Ever Judge Me," faced toward onlookers. [/a][a name="top"] "When I told people I was going to do this, most of the time they looked at me like I'm crazy. They don't think I'll do it," Robison said. [/a][/p][a name="top"] But he did. Robison, an apprentice piercer at The Pit Studio in Ottawa, set a world record Saturday by getting pierced 1,016 times in one sitting. [/a][/p][a name="top"] "I've been sitting so long, my vision is, like, blurry," he said. [/a][/p][a name="top"] And that was only 3 1/2 hours into a marathon piercing session that started at 10 a.m. and almost literally lasted the rest of the day. [/a][/p][a name="top"] Now a sign is posted in the front window of The Pit Studio, where Robison was pierced by friend Ryan Cook. It reads, in bold red capital letters, "World record. He did it! 1,016!" [/a][/p][a name="top"] Robison, a Marseilles resident who graduated from Ottawa Township High School, originally planned to get 1,000 piercings, 400 more than the 600 that Kam Ma of Britain got in one sitting in 2002. But apparently the British record holder heard about what Robison was planning, because last week he broke his own record by getting pierced 1,015 times in one sitting. [/a][/p][a name="top"] That prompted Robison to increase the number of piercings he planned to get up to 1,200. But after experiencing the pain of hours of piercings all over his back and arms, he decided to settle for the world record and not go any further. [/a][/p][a name="top"] The event was recorded on video to be sent to the record verifiers at the Guinness Book of World Records, and everyone who watched the piercings signed a log that is being mailed with the video. [/a][/p][a name="top"] Before Saturday, Robison had 26 piercings on his body. After the record was set Saturday, 1,015 of his new piercings were removed, leaving one in his body -- the record breaker.[/a] [/p]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Future Canadian

His mother must be very proud.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

P.C.

I think I'll hire that guy to look after my garden.  Just give him a couple bottles of water........underground sprinklers....pfffftt.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.