Beware of bald eagle feathers.......

Started by TehBorken, Jun 09 09 05:55

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[font face="Verdana"]FYI.......

Keeping a bald eagle feather could result in a $100,000 fine and a year in prison

[/font] Bald eagle feathers are very highly prized among Native Americans- they are the only people allowed to posses an eagle feather and even they must have certification of tribal membership and the appropriate registration license to acquire one legally. And there is the rub... for a mere pale-face such as myself, if I was to find a bald eagle feather on the beach and bring it home, possession of even one feather brings a fine of $100,000 and a jail sentence. [/p] The law: "Anyone who possesses an eagle feather, and doesn't meet the requirements, could face fines up to $100,000 and a year in prison. A second offense is upgraded from a misdemeanor to a felony, and carries a maximum penalty of two years in prison and a $250,000 fine. The act also provides for a civil penalty of up to $5,000." [/p]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Another absurd stupid law.  I'm all for anything that would discourage harm to these beautiful creatures, but if I find a damn feather on a beach....it's mine... and I can't imagine how it could be fall into any category of being obtained illegally.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Michel

P.C.

Is THIS your appartment ?  

[img style="WIDTH: 606px; HEIGHT: 345px" height=534 src="http://www.zillow.com/blog/files/2007/10/haunted_house.jpg" width=883]

Sportsdude

Hmm that house looks familiar.

Carson Mansion in Eureka, California.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."